MP3 radio 12 V - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old Sep 11th, 2007, 7:01 am Thread Starter

MP3 radio 12 V

I'de had a Ipod 1G battery just got cooked yesterday which was amplified thru my J+M CB Radio. I tried to backfeed it w/ the 5-12V power supply, but no response, and not worth fixing. Is there A mp3 UNIT ON THE MARKET THAT HAS NO INTERNAL BATTERY, THAT USES the bikes 12v POWER SUPPLY soley, goes off when power goes off-on when ignition is back on? It would make it all easier. My wifes Harley Road King has a nice handlebar unit that uses the bikes power supply, and signal is amped from the J+M CB. Any such device? Will it be overpriced?

Howie...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old Sep 11th, 2007, 1:56 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardRichman
I'de had a Ipod 1G battery just got cooked yesterday which was amplified thru my J+M CB Radio. I tried to backfeed it w/ the 5-12V power supply, but no response, and not worth fixing. Is there A mp3 UNIT ON THE MARKET THAT HAS NO INTERNAL BATTERY, THAT USES the bikes 12v POWER SUPPLY soley, goes off when power goes off-on when ignition is back on? It would make it all easier. My wifes Harley Road King has a nice handlebar unit that uses the bikes power supply, and signal is amped from the J+M CB. Any such device? Will it be overpriced?

Howie...
You can make your own I guess. Radio shack has DC-DC convertors. 12V down to almost any voltage which you can hook up to MP3 player's battery compartment. You can hook up the 12V input to a switched supply of the bike so that when you stop engine MP3 player turns off. My only concern would be a possible humming noise on your mp3 while playing.

Matt Kas

13 Triumph Trophy SE Lunar Silver
12 Suzuki Burgman 650 Executive Pearl White

Laguna Niguel, Southern California (South Orange County)
"Riding Year around"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 Old Sep 11th, 2007, 2:28 pm

I currently power my iPod, my cell phone, and my ICOM FRS/GMRS radio directly from the bike...and none of those are 12V devices. I guess I don't understand the problem.

post #4 of 5 Old Sep 11th, 2007, 4:22 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by messenger13
I currently power my iPod, my cell phone, and my ICOM FRS/GMRS radio directly from the bike...and none of those are 12V devices. I guess I don't understand the problem.
Details, man! Details! And Pictures!!

Blessings!
munson+

The Rev. John Munson
Vicar,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Burkburnett, Texas
Vicar,
, Wichita Falls, Texas
2007 R1200RT "REV ZM"
IRON BUTT ASSOC. #37813
See my video:
post #5 of 5 Old Sep 11th, 2007, 4:39 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by munson
Details, man! Details! And Pictures!!
Dag! That's too much like work. Ya just plug this into that, and that into this, and badda bing badda boom!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in