VOICE II to Baeher and second question - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old Jul 30th, 2007, 4:03 pm Thread Starter

VOICE II to Baeher and second question

Can you replace the VOICE II with the Baeher??

I like the VOICE II OK, but still have issues with the cell phone and want to use my ZUMO as a BT and MP3 which I have not figured out on the VOICE II.

Second question, assuming the switch to Baeher is not possible, does anybody hav ethe pin outs for the 07 LT Prewired GPS kit?

Thanks,

Milton
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Jul 30th, 2007, 4:25 pm
Senior Member (ret.)

Yes you can.

The Baehr is hooked to the rear speaker wires for audio and power. There is a special cable for the Zumo that Baehr makes. There is also a BT adapter available so you can use your cell phone. The adpter is expensive.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Raffy
post #3 of 3 Old Jul 31st, 2007, 9:49 am

Raffy has already discussed replacing the VoiceII with a Baehr, so I'm not going to respond to that portion of your message. I have also had issues with my VoiceII and cell phones - others couldn't hear me - that were addressed by replacing the VoiceII. Like yourself, I have a Zumo and I've got it hooked up as follows:

I have the Motorola HF-820 plugged into the VoiceII phone jack with the BMW cable
I setup the Zumo to bluetooth connect to my phone and to bluetooth connect to the Motorola HF-802 as a headset - note: make sure you are running the latest firmware on your Zumo.
When the Zumo powers up, it automatically finds and connects to both devices via bluetooth and my contact list from my phone appears on the Zumo. I can dial out from the Zumo, receive calls from the Zumo and it all works quite well. The HF-820 can be found on ebay for less than $40.
Getting audio from the Zumo for MP3s to the VoiceII requires a bit more work. There is only a single stereo out on the Zumo. This cable needs to carry your GPS navigation prompts and the MP3 or XM radio to you. This means you will need to split the cable with one leg going into the GPS connector on the VoiceII wiring harness and the other connector going into the AUX in on the VoiceII. If you don't split the cable, you won't have stereo sound as the VoiceII GPS connector is mono. When a navigation prompt comes up, your radio, CD, iPOD (using the CD connector in the right saddlebag), etc are muted and you hear the mono voice telling you where to turn. Start the Zumo MP3 and change to AUX input and you can hear your tunes playing. If a navigation prompt comes up, the Zumo mutes the MP3 output and provides the voice prompt. The only caveat with this setup is when you are listening to any other music sources, you must make sure you have turned off the MP3 player on the Zumo or it will come in as a navigation override on the alternate audio source.

Hope that helps - if not, bounce me an email to discuss.

So many toys out there, so little time!
2015 BMW K1600GTLE
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 Piaggio 250 Betty's toy
2001 HD FLSTSI
1957 BMW R60
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

IBA #26695
RA #39456
MOA #150880

Always looking for more...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in