Back Ordered CB - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old Jul 30th, 2007, 2:03 pm Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporter

Back Ordered CB

Anyone know why there is such a back order on the part number 71600414267 BMW CB COMMUNICATOR???

The dealer I ordered mine from a couple of weeks ago tells me BMW shows 24 of these units on back order. I ordered one for a 2006 LT with VOICE II.

Wonder if J & M and BMW have had a falling out?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old Jul 30th, 2007, 3:52 pm

From what I have heard, J&M and BMW had a fallen out a couple of years ago. Their marriage did not get past the honeymoon, or 1st year anniversary.

Mike Trevelino
Williamsburg, VA
2008 RT - Sold December 2019
2000 LT - Totaled at 99,960 miles

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 Old Jul 30th, 2007, 4:04 pm

Cb ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBaker
Anyone know why there is such a back order on the part number 71600414267 BMW CB COMMUNICATOR???

The dealer I ordered mine from a couple of weeks ago tells me BMW shows 24 of these units on back order. I ordered one for a 2006 LT with VOICE II.

Wonder if J & M and BMW have had a falling out?
Warning.......
J & M CB unit this is for the 2005 or newer model is expensive!!
I purchased one of these and had it replaced four times by the dealer.
They are Junk.....
Do Not watse your money you can get much better unit at radioshack..
The dealer offered me my $$ back....
Should have taken the cash.......*(&&^%^%^&*()*&^%$+
make sure you get the correct CB unit?

==========================
read this reply from the owner of J&M:
You need the BMW/J&M CB radio kit that we made especially for the German made VOICE II equipped K1200LT ,,,,,

The “old” BMW part# for this kit was 99 99 0 006 074 ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, that old # has been replaced by the new BMW Part# 0 419 588 ,,,,,,

Please let me know how you do ,,,,,

John Lazzeroni

J&M Corporation ----------------------------- Lazzeroni Inc

1415 S Cherry Ave -------------------------- 1415 S Cherry Ave

Tucson AZ 85713 ---------------------------- Tucson AZ 85713

Ph: 800-358-0881 ---------------------------- Ph: 888-492-7247

E-m: [email protected] -------------- [email protected]

Web: www.jmcorp.com ------------------- www.lazzeroni.com

Jeff Goodwin
Austin, Texas

"Life is a coin.
You can spend it anyway you wish,
but you can only spend it once."

post #4 of 6 Old Jul 31st, 2007, 8:36 am Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporter

Wonderful just wonderful......
post #5 of 6 Old Jul 31st, 2007, 9:33 am

On a brighter note, the BMW/JM CB can be made to work with the VoiceII. Lynn has done it as have I on a 2005+ with the VoiceII installed and the correct JM CB unit. I think one of the reasons we have been having some challenges with this is all of the other intercom units sit downstream of the radio/amp in the bike, including the older JM BC3 unit which works pretty much out of the box with the original JM CB. They all tie into the factory radio/amp speaker outputs by either cutting into the rear wires to the speakers or plugging into the rear speaker wiring harness. The VoiceII sits in front of the radio/amp - it plugs into the aux input on the radio/amp which means any noise issues - and the BMW K is a very noisey bike from an electrical perspective - are amplified. Add into the mix the electric mic used by the BMW/JM headsets, the lack of a body ground and a god awful amount of wires running under the left stingray plastic when you put in the VoiceII and it becomes quite a challenge to isolate all the noise. As Lynn discovered, the supplied JM noise filter actually makes things worse - or at least it did for both him and myself. A direct connection to a relay running from the battery helped to clean up the transmit noise on mine. I also tried isolation transformers, ferrite rings, massive ground cables, relocating wires, etc and none of those did the job for me with the original noise filter in the loop.

Anyway - I guess I'm trying to say it can work IF you have the patience to wait for them to get new stock on the CB units and IF you are willing to work with your dealer to clean up any transmit noise issues. Who knows, maybe the reason they are out of stock is that they are redesigning the noise filter and the new version will clean up everything so it works right out of the box - wouldn't that be nice.

So many toys out there, so little time!
2015 BMW K1600GTLE
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 Piaggio 250 Betty's toy
2001 HD FLSTSI
1957 BMW R60

IBA #26695
RA #39456
MOA #150880

Always looking for more...
post #6 of 6 Old Jul 31st, 2007, 3:45 pm Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporter

Thanks James. As you may know I have been wrestling with the cb issue for a while in trying to avoid the high dollar one from BMW. Did get the BMW antenna and am able to use a Midland handheld that also has a mobil power and antenna connection. Also went to the trouble to have cables made up to match the FRS plugs on the Voice II. The proplem is I have to use its ear bud and mike as with either plugged in there is noise. Although I can hear thru the VII/headsets it would never transmit.

Sooo I bit the bullet and ordered the one that I was told by BMW was the one for the '06LT with Voice Comm II......

As my dear ole Grandmother used to say '...this too shall pass...' Unfortunately the same can be said about getting a hold of a bad cheeseburger.

If it ever is recieved I will give a report.

Thanks
Gene

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in