intercoms - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old Jul 27th, 2007, 6:19 pm Thread Starter

intercoms

My first intercom was a $99 Nady bike to bike with intercom.
It worked. There was always a hiss and wind noise between the helmets. I problaby would have kept this unit longer if the cheap head sets didn't keep breaking.

I bought the intraride hoping for a quantum leap in performance. I liked the features, and really wanted it to work, but talking through the mics was like using an electric pre-amp mic with a dead battery. We had to crank up the Vox to get rid of wind noise, but then had to raise our voices to activate the mic and had to turn up the volume on the speakers to hear each other. Bike to Bike we could hear loud, had to turn down the recieve volume, but others had trouble hearing us.

Enter the Baehr. If the intaride is a stock low beam, then the Baehr is an HID. Gone are my wife's frustrations trying to activate the mic, we don't have to raise are voices at all. Bike to bike I can be heard very well even on the cheaper radios. All this out of the box with no tweaking from the default settings. I was hoping for a quantum leap, and this exeeded my expectations.

Kudos to Raffy for customer service also!

Thanks
Mike

Just Go
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mike
Cleveland Ohio
2019 K1600b Grand America, Blue Max.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old Jul 27th, 2007, 7:27 pm

Sorry you had issues with the IntaRide. I guess I just got lucky with the two older units that I have had. But my next intercom will be a Baehr as well.

I do chuckle recalling a few of the comments you made defending that $99 Nady unit though. I knew the satisfaction of the pricetag wasn't going to outlast the bitterness of poor quality.
post #3 of 5 Old Aug 15th, 2007, 11:37 am
Lifetime Supporter

Has anyone attached a StarCom1 to an LT?

Hey folks, I recently purchased my first LT (2001 LTC Pacific Blue) even though I've been on the forum for a couple of years. It doesn't have a com in it and I have heard very good things about the StarCom1 and it seems to be moderately priced. Just wondering if any members have experience with these units.

post #4 of 5 Old Aug 15th, 2007, 1:19 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Smile +1 Starcom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyBob
Hey folks, I recently purchased my first LT (2001 LTC Pacific Blue) even though I've been on the forum for a couple of years. It doesn't have a com in it and I have heard very good things about the StarCom1 and it seems to be moderately priced. Just wondering if any members have experience with these units.
Yes, I have the Starcom 1 Advanced on the LT, and the Starcom 1 on the GS. I like it very much and haven't had any problems with it at all. The intercom works great, I have it connected to the bike radio, radar detector, Kenwood TK3101(frs/gmrs bike-to-bike), Sirius Radio(AUX cable) and Ipod (ice>Link) through the bike radio, and my Zumo GPS. The VOX didn't work well for bike-to-bike make sure that you use a PTT.

The cell-phone through their Blue Tooth adapter worked great, but now I use the one in the Zumo instead.

They have been very helpful and responsive about supplying the correct cables to connect everything.

--Bo
2013 Magma Red R1200GSA
2012 Candy Apple Red R1200R
2007 (2006 Blue Panels) R1200GS (RIP Poteau, OK)
2006 Graphite K1200GT (sold)
2002 Titan Silver LT (sold)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Don't Panic!
Achtung! böse Eichhörnchen!
post #5 of 5 Old Aug 15th, 2007, 3:03 pm

Bike Effects

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyBob

www.bikeeffects.com sells them for a discount and you can get an extra 10% off is you use the discount code FJR1000

Craig

2000 K1200LTC "Little Turd"
2001 Harley Softail Deuce "Ground Pounder"
BMWMOA #113448

Last edited by Offwego; Aug 15th, 2007 at 4:53 pm. Reason: spelling

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in