BC-2 Troubleshooting assistance requested - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old Jul 20th, 2007, 10:29 am Thread Starter

BC-2 Troubleshooting assistance requested

Hi there,

My '01 has a BC-2 installed which I have never used. Today I received a 6 pin to mini stereo adapter I ordered from Edsets so I can listen to music via my earbuds. Tried it...no joy...

No sound at all on any setting from either the front or rear intercom jacks. At this point I have no way to know if it is functioning at all. Is there a simple test/tests that I can perform without tearing the whole thing out? I am a tiny bit ignorant of electronics, so please don't assume anything. Is there a simple way I can verify that it is receiving power?

Anyone able to help?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Jul 20th, 2007, 10:38 pm

Brian,
I guess no one else will jump in here. You need to find a helmet that is known to work. Plug into your bikes 6 pin jack (both) and make sure the bike's ignition is "ON" and first see if you can get the VOX to give you your voice sidetone. Then if you can get that turn on the radio. BC-1/2 are notoriously poorly designed................. this site is loaded with the sorrow stories about them. If you can't find a friend to help out go to your dealer and they should loan you a helmet for a few minutes in the parking lot.
Keep us posted.

Carl

K1200LT w/ KLT s/c
K1100LT w/ ECC
KLR-650

N9BMN
FD <> 4%
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

bmwmoa 100984

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 Old Jul 21st, 2007, 8:23 pm Thread Starter

Thank you,

I think that is a good place to start. I realize my post was a bit vague, but I really had no idea where to start. I'll be seriously bummed if it is dead as it looks like a real pain and quite an expense to replace this unit...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in