Baehr+GPS+IPOD+CB+PTT on 05 LT - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old Jun 28th, 2007, 11:27 am Thread Starter

Baehr+GPS+IPOD+CB+PTT on 05 LT

GPS mounted on clutch reservoir, IPOD in tankbag and PTT on left handlebar. cable run over the tank but under the stingray. They did not want to play very well together. Until!!!
Thanks to Raffy and others, I got it all working without the alternator whine/clicking noise. I have been wrestling with this off and on for a few months now. Raffy and several other people told me to keep everything away from the alternator. Ok , so finally I aksed Raffy where is the alternator and he told me to the left of the battery underneath. Pulled all the wires from the Baehr out and layed them over to the right side of the bike outside of the plastic and tested in garage. No noise. Then I took each cable and moved each one over the left side of the battery area till I found the culprit. CB cable has some kind of inline box which was the culprit. Put it back together but with the CB cable on right side far away from alternator. Went for a ride down by the interstate and asked for a radio check and was told "you have one hell of a squeel in that radio". Crap!!! Back home and pulled cables back out andf found that the PTT switch cable also has something inline which was causing the squeel problem on transmit. Went back out and tested. This time I got a "loud and clear". Yeeehaaaaa!! I now have all of the cables coming FROM the baehr unit (mounted on top of battery) running to the right side under the plastic and voila. No whine, no clicking! Without having to buy a $100 filter!
Thanks to Raffy and all the other riders who helped me with this.
I hope this helps someone else solve this problem.

Marc Pillis- MSF Rider Coach
Union, Kentucky
2005 LT
2004 R1150GS Adventure
2013 DR650
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old Jun 28th, 2007, 4:49 pm
Senior Member (ret.)

You are welcome. Glad you did not need the expensive cables.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Raffy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in