bmw CB problem - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old Jun 18th, 2007, 4:10 pm Thread Starter

bmw CB problem

I bought a bmw cb for my 05 lt. I installed it acording to the poor instructions and I have all kinds of electrical noise. The radio does send a carrier signal but no nodulation from the mike. I went to the dealer who told me that it was the headset cords and new ones would cost $70.00 each. Has anybody had the same problem and does the new cord actually work? How do I correct the electrical noise interference problem? The dealer is interested in selling the radio but not interested in helping solve the problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old Jun 18th, 2007, 11:13 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Is BMWWO in Eugene your contact? They are not willing to help you? PM me and we might be able to work on it together. There are not too many people interested in troubleshooting CB's on this forum of late.

Ernie A
Milwaukie, OR
Member: MOA, AMA, IBA, NRA, MERA
GS911 & GS911 Wifi - Diagnostics Tools Available
2012 K16GTL (3/2018 to present) 68k (Totaled! 8/11/19 Deer strike)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2013 R1200GSW
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
> 28k miles!
2002 K12LT Toscana Green - > 241k miles (Sold)
2006 Suzuki DL1000 V Strom Silver/Blk - >21k (Sold)
SS1K (x4),BB,BtoB(<24),BBG, SS3k

post #3 of 4 Old Jun 19th, 2007, 1:23 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilton
I bought a bmw cb for my 05 lt. I installed it acording to the poor instructions and I have all kinds of electrical noise. The radio does send a carrier signal but no nodulation from the mike. I went to the dealer who told me that it was the headset cords and new ones would cost $70.00 each. Has anybody had the same problem and does the new cord actually work? How do I correct the electrical noise interference problem? The dealer is interested in selling the radio but not interested in helping solve the problem.
The new lower cords were introduced by BMW in late '05 or early '06 as I recall. They were brought out to fix a major noise issue with CM and the transmit side. Most folks said they saw an improvement with the new cords. There are several other issues that many of us encountered with the BMW CB and most are documented in the archives on this site. Try doing a search. My specific problem was a high frequency squeal when transmitting which wasn't helped by the new cords. The eventual fix for me was to by pass the relay/filter box that is supplied with the radio. I took power directly from the battery through an automotive relay powered by the heated seat circuit. Most dealers, including mine, aren't interested in trouble shooting CB radios because they don't know anything about them. I'd like to try to help you but unfortunately your not exactly in my neighborhood. I wish you luck with your problem.

Lynn Keen
North East Florida
MSF #28271 Retired
'99 Canyon Red RETIRED AT 93,000 MI
'05 GRAPHITE METALLIC retired at 87,000 MI
'01 R1150 GS- totaled
'02 R1150 GS sold
'85 K100/EML sidecar sold
'11 R1200RT currently being enjoyed

post #4 of 4 Old Jun 20th, 2007, 11:44 am Thread Starter

I want to thank yall for the advice. I will try the new cord when the dealer calls and tells me to come up. The nearest dealer is 110 mile away.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in