How do I connect a Motorola SLVR L6 to an '07 stock intercom unit? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old Jun 18th, 2007, 7:31 am Thread Starter

Garage
Question How do I connect a Motorola SLVR L6 to an '07 stock intercom unit?

Hey guys,

I've been trying to get my ducks in a row for when the bike arrives, but there is one issue I just can't find any information on. I've got a Motorola MOTOSLVR L6 cell phone and I'd like to connect it to the stock (VOICE II?) intercom unit on a 2007 LT.

In my searching, I've found no cords that'll connect it (the phone has a mini-USB connecton) to the intercom system (2.5mm? or is it 3.5mm? and is it a mono or stereo plug?)

The phone DOES have bluetooth, but my bike won't. Is there an adapter to plug into the intercom's phone jack that'll make it bluetooth? Not having phone wouldn't be the end of the world, but I'd much prefer to have the capability.

Thanks for allowing me to tap your knowledge again, guys!

-Shannon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old Jun 19th, 2007, 2:35 am Thread Starter

Garage
Wink I'll answer my own question

It appears that, in order to attach a RAZR or SLVR to the intercom unit, I need to buy two adapters.

A Motorola V3 EMU to 2.5mm to connect to the phone's mini-USB port.

Then the standard Cell phone adapter Standard length 7" PN 99 99 0 000 202 to bridge the gap from the Motorola adapter to the head unit of the intercom system.

The Motorola V3 EMU to 2.5mm cable is compatible with: V3, V3c, V3i, V3X, V3M, RAZR, U6, PEBL, L7, SLVR, L6, L2, V323, V325, V360, V361, V365, KRZR

Hopefully this helps some others out.

Last edited by Heracleitus; Jun 19th, 2007 at 2:51 am.
post #3 of 13 Old Jul 20th, 2007, 9:45 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heracleitus
It appears that, in order to attach a RAZR or SLVR to the intercom unit, I need to buy two adapters.

A Motorola V3 EMU to 2.5mm to connect to the phone's mini-USB port.

Then the standard Cell phone adapter Standard length 7" PN 99 99 0 000 202 to bridge the gap from the Motorola adapter to the head unit of the intercom system.

The Motorola V3 EMU to 2.5mm cable is compatible with: V3, V3c, V3i, V3X, V3M, RAZR, U6, PEBL, L7, SLVR, L6, L2, V323, V325, V360, V361, V365, KRZR

Hopefully this helps some others out.
Hello,
Did your purchases work for the Cell phone Bluetooth - Garmin interface????

2013 BMW Damask Red K1600GTL
2014 BMW K1600GTL-E EXCLUSIVE
2001 Honda C-250 Helix
SOLD 2006 BMW K-1200LT "The Manatee"

Smokin'

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 13 Old Jul 21st, 2007, 1:39 am
Old Dawg

You can get a Motorola Bluetooth HF820 and plug your cord from your Voice II into that and then run it as a Bluetooth Connection.

Scott
Sacramento CA
HDDC Posse

''03 Ducati ST4S with ABS - '12 KTM 500EXC - '19 BMW GS/A
(Jessica Focker's) '15 BMW S1000RR - '17 KTM 350EXC-F - '09 Yamaha XT250

Some of the most asinine things people do are typically preceded by the two words "Watch this."
post #5 of 13 Old Jul 21st, 2007, 3:33 am Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinJoe
Hello,
Did your purchases work for the Cell phone Bluetooth - Garmin interface????
No. This was a non-bluetooth solution. The phone is wired to the VOICE II phone input jack.

It works, but has a very soft volume. I can't hear the person on the other end if I've traveling above 70mph. My wife says I come through very, very loudly, though. In fact, she has to turn the volume down on whatever phone I call her on if I'm on the bike.

I may look into the Bluetooth® Car Kit HF820 if I can find one. I've never seen one around here.

Heracleitus

'12 Victory Cross Country Vivian Vader
'07 LT
die Blau Frau SOLD!
MBW-MOA Member #140221
post #6 of 13 Old Jul 21st, 2007, 10:36 am

Quote:
Bluetooth® Car Kit HF820 if I can find one. I've never seen one around here.
I bought mine from ebay. I just did a quick search and got 121 hits. See the following example:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Motorola-HF8...QQcmdZViewItem

This was just an example, choose the vendor of your choice.

You will also need the BMW phone cord (or equvalent) to connect the HF820 to your Voice II. The BMW part number for the longer version is 99990000203. It cost me $17.60 from BMW Chicago. It has right angle plugs which was appealing to me to conserve space in the oddiments box. The shorter version of the BMW cord might be a better choice if you use only the Motorola HF820. I got the longer BMW cord so I can also wire my phone directly to the Voice II system and have my phone accessible in my tank bag.

Jim S.
'07 SturmGrau K1200LT

“Not all those who wander are lost.”

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by jhsonderb; Jul 21st, 2007 at 10:45 am.
post #7 of 13 Old Jul 21st, 2007, 1:09 pm

The HF820 or 850 is the way to go. I get LOUD and CLEAR voice thru the intercom on my phone..

Folks don't even know that I'm on the bike.

Good Luck

JOhn

Live and direct from the new earthquake capitol of the U.S. Jones, Oklahoma
08 Can-Am Spyder (Miss Lindy's)
03 R1200CLC Capri Blue "Flipper"

01 R1100RT Glacier Blue "Lucky"
91 R100GS "It'sNotAMoneyPit"
The voices in my head may not be real, But they have some good ideas!

"I like the wind in my face and Boobies on my back. No, Wait, I got that backwards"

post #8 of 13 Old Jul 21st, 2007, 1:56 pm

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPSpen
The HF820 or 850 is the way to go. I get LOUD and CLEAR voice thru the intercom on my phone..

Folks don't even know that I'm on the bike.

Good Luck

JOhn
John,
I have a 2006 LT with Voice II, BMW-Garmin NAV III GPS, Factory BMW (JM) headsets, Moto V3M Razr cell phone w/ bluetooth.

I hate the ear-bud growth thingy but would like to connect through my Garmin NAV III as it is very user friendly and pairs nicely with the phone.

Trouble is I get a call, rings nice and loud, displays who is calling (if they are in my phones contacts) but they can't here me. I hear them fine.

The Garmin posts a message to "connect to Bluetooth Headset". The same message occurs when I initialize a call through the Garmin GPS.

Will the HF820 solve this problem and allow be to talk through my existing headset and mouthpiece in my helmet? Did you use a 2.5 mm male to male plug to connect from a female receptacle jack on the HF820 to the Voice-II female phone jack on the right side of the Voice-II?

Has anyone done this successfully?

Thanks, Joe

2013 BMW Damask Red K1600GTL
2014 BMW K1600GTL-E EXCLUSIVE
2001 Honda C-250 Helix
SOLD 2006 BMW K-1200LT "The Manatee"

Smokin'

post #9 of 13 Old Jul 22nd, 2007, 9:23 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinJoe
John,
I have a 2006 LT with Voice II, BMW-Garmin NAV III GPS, Factory BMW (JM) headsets, Moto V3M Razr cell phone w/ bluetooth.

I hate the ear-bud growth thingy but would like to connect through my Garmin NAV III as it is very user friendly and pairs nicely with the phone.

Trouble is I get a call, rings nice and loud, displays who is calling (if they are in my phones contacts) but they can't here me. I hear them fine.

The Garmin posts a message to "connect to Bluetooth Headset". The same message occurs when I initialize a call through the Garmin GPS.

Will the HF820 solve this problem and allow be to talk through my existing headset and mouthpiece in my helmet? Did you use a 2.5 mm male to male plug to connect from a female receptacle jack on the HF820 to the Voice-II female phone jack on the right side of the Voice-II?

Has anyone done this successfully?

Thanks, Joe
If you pair your Razr phone and the HF820 to the NAV III, and connect the HF820 to the VoiceII using a stereo 2.5mm male to male plug, you will be able to make phone calls directly from the phone or the NavIII phone book. The HF820 has the female jack that you describe.

Jim S.
'07 SturmGrau K1200LT

post #10 of 13 Old Jul 22nd, 2007, 2:05 pm Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydawg
You can get a Motorola Bluetooth HF820 and plug your cord from your Voice II into that and then run it as a Bluetooth Connection.
I ordered a HF820 from Amazon today. I'll post an update when I get it. With luck, it'll fix my sound issue.

Heracleitus

'07 LT
die Blau Frau SOLD!
MBW-MOA Member #140221
post #11 of 13 Old Aug 28th, 2007, 9:46 pm

Quote:
I ordered a HF820 from Amazon today. I'll post an update when I get it. With luck, it'll fix my sound issue.
Did this work for you?
post #12 of 13 Old Aug 29th, 2007, 12:41 am Thread Starter

Garage
Not really

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEhrler
Did this work for you?
I can hear calls crystal clear now, however my wife can't hear me well now. I've basically given up on having a working phone solution. Hardwired didn't work (I couldn't hear). Now with the Moto HF820 I can hear fine but the person on the other end can't hear me.

There just has to be a better solution out there, but I'm getting tired of throwing money at it.

Heracleitus

'07 LT
die Blau Frau SOLD!
MBW-MOA Member #140221
post #13 of 13 Old Aug 29th, 2007, 10:53 am

Quote:
I can hear calls crystal clear now, however my wife can't hear me well now. I've basically given up on having a working phone solution. Hardwired didn't work (I couldn't hear). Now with the Moto HF820 I can hear fine but the person on the other end can't hear me.

There just has to be a better solution out there, but I'm getting tired of throwing money at it.
Try adjusting the Voice II microphone VOX sensitivity. Mine is set at "3" and appears to work okay with my full face helmet.

Jim S.
'07 SturmGrau K1200LT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in