||May 31st, 2007 12:44 pm
Need help with Comm System Setup
When I bought this '99 LT a couple of years back, it came with the factory installed BC-1. After a little playing around, I never could get it to work. Then, a friend loaned me a BC-2 setup that he had bought for his bike but never installed. I went through the setup with help from Mark Neblett last summer, but it is still incomplete.
- I can hear the audio from the Cassette/CD/Radio.
- I can listen to the CB clearly
- CB cuts out the music correctly
- I cannot transmit, though when I hit the PTT on the J&M unit, there is static heard on the other end. Just none of my voice is going through.
- I am missing the pigtails for the passenger side for the intercom
- I am missing a piece that connects the PTT switch on the handlebar to the audio unit in the stingray
I was wondering if I can get some help to have this sorted out locally. I could setup a tech day if required!