Budget Communication System - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old May 29th, 2007, 9:00 pm Thread Starter

Budget Communication System

I am sure there have been posts on this before, but I would appreciate if anyone can help me with links to them.

My wife and I ride dirt bikes together and go exploring on our Rhino. We are used to riding together, communicating with hand signals from years on street bikes, so not being able to talk while on the dirt bikes was normal. We recently got the Rhino, and find it frustrating to not be able to talk when you sit side by side. We wear the same fullface helmets on the dirt bikes and on the Rhino.

We are not looking for high tech, just something better than shouting. Like under $200 if that is realistic. If it can work on the bikes too, great, but the first priority is for on the Rhino. We have a few pair of Motorolo radios, I think that some systems use these as part of their system.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Jun 2nd, 2007, 9:19 pm

frs/gmrs

My wife and I just bought the NADY MRC-11. Each unit goes for $128. We had a mic problem on one unit and the shop we got it from replaced it promptly. We have had a successful ride with the new system. My wife played her mp3 player through hers and said it was a little weak. I think we will both upgrade soon but I think this is working well for what we need.
Dave

Dave Fuchs
2005 K1200LT
2001 R1200C (wife's)
1985 KLR 250
2002 John Deere 4110
1946 Piper J-3
IBA# 42191
post #3 of 3 Old Jun 3rd, 2007, 11:08 am

Smile

If you already have any type of FRS radio I sell a motorcycle helment headset (full or open faced) that works great. You can also add on a PTT switch that you can velcro to your thumb or on the handlebar. You can install the headset in about 5 minutes with any tools or modifications to your helmet. Cost is $89 for the headset and cable and $13.99 for the optional PTT switch. My wife uses it on her Harley to talk with me when we ride. Send me a PM if you want more details.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in