Motorola Bluetooth Helmet Headset - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old Nov 11th, 2005, 5:28 pm Thread Starter

Motorola Bluetooth Helmet Headset

Has anybody tried one of these yet? I know it's phone only, but that would work for me when the wife's not along. I put a link below to one of the items on ebay for sale. I'm thinking about bidding on it. I thought I'd reach out to the board for feedback first.

-------------------------------------------------
Motorola Wireless Helmet Headset HS830 with Bluetooth Wireless Technology

Brand New in Sealed Box!
IN STOCK, READY TO SHIP

***USA VERSION, MEETS ALL USA REGULATIONS AND IS WARRANTED IN THE USA. GENUINE USA VERSION!!!***

WATCH OUT FOR EURO/ASIA VERSIONS

With the Motorola Wireless Helmet Headset HS830 Motorola expands their award-winning wireless accessory portfolio to further provide consumers with the ultimate tools for personal communication using Bluetooth wireless technology.

Delivering Motorola’s signature styling and wear-ability with up-to five hours of talk time, the user-friendly Motorola Wireless HS830 helmet and pendant headsets take wireless connectivity to the extremes by invisibly and reliably creating a hands-free connection between headset and mobile to meet all on-the-go communication needs. And, like all other Bluetooth enabled devices, the model HS830 works with virtually any make or model mobile phone that has Bluetooth wireless technology.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWA:IT

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old Feb 11th, 2006, 9:20 pm
mfb

Did you make the purchase?

I was looking at the same unit as a simple intercom based issue on this review.

http://www.helmetharbor.com/gear/motorola/opening.htm

I wanted it for the intercom primarily.

If you made the purchase I would appreciate any feedback on how its working out.
post #3 of 6 Old Apr 25th, 2006, 7:56 pm

Inter-bike use?

This sounds interesting....

Has anyone tried it between bikes? 30 feet doesn't sound like much, but in formation might be just good enough...

post #4 of 6 Old Apr 26th, 2006, 2:05 am

Talking Bluetooth helmets

My wife and I have the Dianese Ergon Jet EVO 1 bluetooth helmets. We bought them because we really liked the helmets. They are very light weight and comfortable. You can't get them in the USA w/o bluetooth so we were kind of forced to try it out.

They work fine as an intercom around town but they do not have a "VOX" function so they get very noisy at highway speeds. We usually turn them off (hold the control button down for 4 seconds) while not talking. It's really a pain actually. As a handsfree bluetooth phone headset it works very well but be aware that you have to "disconnect" from the other helmet to use the phone. That's also a hassle most times. Also, I've found no way so far to pipe music through them either.

Last week I installed J&M headsets so we could have music and better intercom function. There was room to leave the bluetooth hardware in the helmets so I did. We'll probably just use them for their phone functions now and leave everything else to the Voice II. I still like this little helmet though. It's very easy to wear.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ETEVOBlue_s.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	2.5 KB
ID:	3381  

Ron

BMW 2006 LT
HD 1999 Roadking
post #5 of 6 Old Apr 26th, 2006, 1:07 pm

Just ordered 2 and will be here tomorrow. As soon as I can I will post an opinion.

Donald
NW Arkansas
2006 K1200LT Blackish sorta kinda
BMWMOA #124197
AMA #925041

The difference between committed and involved is like a ham and egg breakfast, the chicken was involved...the pig was committed!
post #6 of 6 Old Apr 27th, 2006, 1:00 am

Looks like Bluetooth 2.0 will be changing the comm system landscape. Check out: http://www.intaride.com/liberty.html

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in