EVO Intaride - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old Apr 26th, 2007, 3:35 pm Thread Starter

EVO Intaride

Do we have any EVO units in North East Ohio?
or within a couple or three hours of Cleveland?

I'd like to try my head sets on another intaride unit. I can BAEHRLY hear mine. I know speaker and mic placement is critical, but Holy Cow I must have gotten 1 right even by accident.

Just Go
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mike
Cleveland Ohio
2019 K1600b Grand America, Blue Max.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old Apr 26th, 2007, 3:47 pm
Cat Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwnahas
Do we have any EVO units in North East Ohio?
or within a couple or three hours of Cleveland?

I'd like to try my head sets on another intaride unit. I can BAEHRLY hear mine. I know speaker and mic placement is critical, but Holy Cow I must have gotten 1 right even by accident.
Use speaker earplugs. MUCH better. with a good pair of speaker earplugs you can actually hear the bass! And the wind noise is less, .... ER6i is the keyword here.

Andreas Pleschutznig
'14 GSAW soon:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still in search of Occam's razor to cut a Gordian knot.
post #3 of 5 Old Apr 26th, 2007, 5:03 pm Thread Starter

Thanks for the suggestion, but actually hearing is not the problem. I can read outside transmissions loud and clear, so my speaker placement has to be close. Others can not hear us very well over the 2 way, and the other helmet set is very low also except for receiving from the outside. And no I don't have mic back wards, I went so far as to try it though and got nothing.
To me it seems there must be something wrong on the intercom because if I use the mic built in to the 2-way radio, they hear us much louder and clear compared to using the mic in the helmet through the intercom and out to the 2-way.
So, that's why I asked if there was someone else who has this system within riding distance to compare mine with.

Just Go

Mike
Cleveland Ohio

post #4 of 5 Old Apr 26th, 2007, 6:10 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Howdy, Michael,
Yeah.. Messenger13 has an Intaride.. same as I do, and they work great.

He is on a cross country trip now and will be checking in soon... or, you could saddle up and ride over here..

BTW, there is a vendor for Intaride in the US now....

J.M.J...
Dcn Channing

post #5 of 5 Old Apr 26th, 2007, 6:31 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfell
Howdy, Michael,
Yeah.. Messenger13 has an Intaride.. same as I do, and they work great.

He is on a cross country trip now and will be checking in soon... or, you could saddle up and ride over here..

BTW, there is a vendor for Intaride in the US now....
Thanks, the US vendor has offered to exchange it for me, for good customer service. If I recall you do not have the EVO do you?

Can you tell me if with 2-way people can hear you at a good level with the helmet mics, as good as talking into the 2-way radio with its built in mic?

I'm going for another check ride, tonight with the vox turned way (down?) where we can activate the mics but still have to raise my voice a bit, and my wife has to hold the mic to her mouth and the volumes turned way up. It appears I hear other 2-way radios about twice as loud as we hear each other.

I'm really surprised at its performance since Joe said he talks at normal levels and people on the cell phone don't know he's on a motor cycle. I really hope I have a bad unit.

Just Go

Mike
Cleveland Ohio

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in