My Interphone Bluetooth Intercomm System will be in on Friday - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old Apr 19th, 2007, 8:29 am Thread Starter

Talking My Interphone Bluetooth Intercomm System will be in on Friday

I have been wanting to cut the wires for my passenger communications and wanted a bluetooth option for my phone. I got very excited a few weeks ago after reading this review at webBukeWorld: http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcyc...h-intercom.htm for the Interphone Intercom. Here's a couple pictures of the unit:

Currently the only US distributor is Blue Ant and the only place to buy is at mobilecityonline.com @ http://www.mobilecityonline.com/wire...roductid=21946 So I had pre-ordered 2 headsets and have been wainting for them to be available. Last night I received an email stating they were being shipped and should arrive on Friday. Over the weekend I'll install them and give them a good test and post a revue here.

Lee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Apr 23rd, 2007, 2:50 am Thread Starter

Install OK

I was not able to do an on bike test of the Interphone due to the rain on Sunday, but the installation and configuration was easy. My helmets are Nolan 100E. I removed the headsets from my Intraride RP-1 (discovered a broken wire which explains why they seemed to stop working). I inserted the optional spacer in the clip for the Intraphone and attached the clamp to the helmet. I routed the michrophone behind the cheeck pad so that the speake fit in the ear area of the helmet. I slid the unit into the clip and plugged in the cable from the mike/speaker. Repeated the procedure for my wife's helmet. In total both helmets were set up in about 10 minutes.

I then paired my Treo 650 phone with my helmet and my wife's LG Chocolate with her's. I then paired both helmets to each other. This took about another 10 minutes. My wife and & put on our helmets. She walked out the front door and I headed out the back and we had crystal clear conversation and we were at least 100 ft apart. Very impressive. We decided that we needed a little more volune so I selected the high volume mode on each unit. Finally, I had my wife call me on my cell phone to test the handsfree voice feature of the headset. This worked perfectly, when the phone rang I just said "answer" and the unit automaticall conected the call. This test/adjustment took another 10 minutes.

So in under 30 Minutes I installled, configured, and tested both units. One day this week we'll give them a road test and I'll report back but so far these seem perfect. By the way the units can pair with up to 5 devices so I may play around with trying to get my GPS connected somehow. The only negative I can see for now is that it is one device at a time so you have to push the button on the unit to switch between phone and intercomm.

Lee
post #3 of 3 Old May 3rd, 2007, 5:01 am

Lee,

Can you provide a follow up on how your Interphone intercom is working out. I am just getting ready to purchase a Zumo 550 and want to have a bluetooth intcom for the wife and I which will also alow me to connect to the zumo for music. From the sounds of it, you can only either connect to the passenger or the phone one at a time. The Cardio Team set is susposed to allow you to connect to the passenger and another device at the same time, but the reviews for the interphone are much much better.

-Ekim
2005 K1200LT (R.I.P.)
Manchester, MD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in