Anyone tried this headset with autocomm? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old Apr 18th, 2007, 8:10 am Thread Starter

Anyone tried this headset with autocomm?

I was looking at Raffy's site yesterdday and ran across this headset. It's at the bottom of the page.

http://motogear4you.com/mcart/index.cgi?code=3&cat=14

HAs anyone tried this headset? I need a couple of headsets to go in kids' helmets and these are more inexpensive than the Autocomm headsets. I can probably wire up an adapter from the small plug to the large one, or cut the small end off and install a big one.

Just want to know if anyone has tried this headset.

Be using in one open face and one full face.

Thanks
Randy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old Apr 26th, 2007, 11:12 pm

ICOM Headset

I have been scoping out headsets as well and need some answers. I'm looking at the ICM Motocom headset and the J&M headset as I've got the comm system for my 2005 K1200lt. If you hear about any of these, let me know.

Larryi52

Larry W. Ishmael
Redmond, WA

Stellenbosch, South Africa

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 Old Apr 30th, 2007, 8:48 pm

I just traded my '01 for an '07 and now I have autocom headsets that won't work with the new com system. I called Top Gear today to ask if there was any reason I couldn't just build a pigtail to adapt my current headset (5 pin)to the new system (6 pin). The tech guy told me their mics are powered and J&Ms are not (If it matters, I have a Pro M1) . So is the mic you're looking at powered? Will a non powered mic work with your autocom system? If you call Top Gear they may quickly answer these questions for you.

For me, I can buy a whole new Autocom system complete with two headsets cheaper than I can buy two headsets for this BMW (J&M?) system, and I don't even know if it will work as well as the Autocom Pro M1. But the new com system is all nice and bundled in. What a hassle!

post #4 of 6 Old Apr 30th, 2007, 8:51 pm
Lifetime Supporter

woulda been nice for dealer to hook you up.

J.M.J...
Dcn Channing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 6 Old May 1st, 2007, 2:19 pm

Max BMW will do whatever I want. No complaints there. I just have to make a decision. I've been combing this website trying to get enough information to do that. It's only money. It all comes down to that.
post #6 of 6 Old May 1st, 2007, 2:35 pm Thread Starter

Mine is also a Pro M1. I'm not sure what is meant by "powered mic". I have heard that term, but not sure about it. I have the old big 5 pin plugs on mine. I hate to spend more money on a headset that won;t work. I can get a couple from autocomm with the 7 pin plug and one adapter cable for a little less than $200, but would like to get them for like $100. These are for my kids' helmets. They don;t ride that often, but I really like to be able to communicate with them. Now, they use headphones and I can talk to them, and we uses squeezes for answers.

Oh well, the drama continues....
Randy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in