Cardo Scala Rider - Two thumbs up - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old Apr 13th, 2007, 7:17 pm Thread Starter

Cardo Scala Rider - Two thumbs up

I've been using the Cardo Scala rider bluetooth headset & mic for two weeks now and all I have to say is that it does exactly what it says it will do.

It installs in about 10 to 15 minutes and provided that you've charged the unit before using it enables you to receive and make calls on your cell phone easily while keeping your eyes on the road. To make a call you actually have to push a button on the side of the unit and assuming your cell phone has voice commands, just say a name or a telephone number and "your off to the races".

Answering calls is even easier. When a call is coming in you just have to say something like "yes" or "answer" into the mic and the call is answered. At the end of the call just let the caller hang up and the call is automatically ended.

Sound is clear even at 130 kph. I actually bought this gizmo so that I could communicate with my wife on her bike. We have one of those cell phone plans where a call to a partner phone is free.

I don't recommend that anyone riding a motorcycle should be talking on the phone at the same time but it's particularly convenient when your better half wants to know that you're OK when on a long solo trip.

I bought 2 units to put under the tree for Christmas. I bought them from Costco because they had the lowest price in Canada (in comparison to the lowest price I could find on eBay or any other web site.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old Apr 13th, 2007, 7:47 pm

Alfred,

Thanks for the review. I've been interested in that unit because it is completely wireless.

Kevin

1999 K1200LT, patiently waiting for a new model.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Slave Cylinder Procedure->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 Old Apr 14th, 2007, 12:26 am

Cardo Scala rider bluetooth headset

Hi Alfred,
just checked the canadian website for costco & can't find this unit. How much were they?
Thanks for the info

Mike

post #4 of 7 Old Apr 14th, 2007, 4:59 am

I have had this unit for about a year now. It works great, of course I don't have the fancy voice answer with my phone so it's not quite as convenient for me, but the volume is good and the sound to others it great. Most don't know I am not in the office when calling, er um I mean at home

I have it installed with an intercom set also. I just put the scala rider speaker in front of the comms set and on the opposite side of the comms microphone.

Randy

2000 Canyon Red "Crimson Cruiser"
40,000 miles grinning, and counting....
BMWMOA # 131660
post #5 of 7 Old Apr 15th, 2007, 11:03 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxon
Hi Alfred,
just checked the canadian website for costco & can't find this unit. How much were they?
Thanks for the info

Mike
They were about $114 CDN each. I guess it's a case of "you snooze, you loose" because I couldn't find them on the Costco site anymore either. That's one of the disadvantages of Costco. One day they've got something good, but if not enough people buy it, the next week it's gone.
post #6 of 7 Old Apr 16th, 2007, 1:09 am

Two Thumbs Up here too

I too have used the scala-rider for about a year and agree its a great wireless cell phone solution... even at speed

Now they offer a Team Set for two up wireless communication... Anyone tried this set up yet?

Manufacturer's link here

Warren
Chipley, FL
'05 LT - Gold
She was a fast machine, She kept her motor clean
She was the best damn woman I had ever seen -- [ac/dc]

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."
Yogi Berra
post #7 of 7 Old Apr 16th, 2007, 8:49 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by al2it
They were about $114 CDN each. I guess it's a case of "you snooze, you loose" because I couldn't find them on the Costco site anymore either. That's one of the disadvantages of Costco. One day they've got something good, but if not enough people buy it, the next week it's gone.
More often than not it is because a lot of people buy it, and they only had one shipment. That has been something we learned many years ago, when Price Club (The first one, which Costco spun off from and then took over) started in San Diego. They often get good pricing on a shipment of something, put it in the clubs, and that is all. If you ever see something you like, BUY IT THEN! I missed a couple good deals, then learned.

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work...I want to achieve it through not dying.

David Shealey
Dandridge, TN
EX: '01 Black LT, BAT BYKE (Totaled at 110,000 miles)
IBA SS, BB, BBG, 10/10ths.
No bike now, but maybe in the future.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in