Voice II cord for the Motorola HF820 - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old Apr 11th, 2007, 11:39 am Thread Starter

Voice II cord for the Motorola HF820

Is the cord that is used to interface the Motorola HF820 bluetooth speaker phone to the Voice II a cord with a 2.5mm stereo male plug on each end? Any body have a part number for the BMW cord that works?

Thanks,

Jim S.
'07 SturmGrau K1200LT

“Not all those who wander are lost.”

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old Apr 11th, 2007, 1:15 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhsonderb
Is the cord that is used to interface the Motorola HF820 bluetooth speaker phone to the Voice II a cord with a 2.5mm stereo male plug on each end? Any body have a part number for the BMW cord that works?

Thanks,
The part number on my invoice is 99990000203. That cable fits the HF8020 as well as most Moto phones. I think it's around $20 from BMW. you can probably go to Radio Shack or some other electronic parts shop and pick up the connectors and a piece of cable and roll your own for under $5. Either way, I'm using the set up that you describe with my VOICE II and it works great.

Lynn Keen
North East Florida
MSF #28271 Retired
'99 Canyon Red RETIRED AT 93,000 MI
'05 GRAPHITE METALLIC retired at 87,000 MI
'01 R1150 GS- totaled
'02 R1150 GS sold
'85 K100/EML sidecar sold
'11 R1200RT currently being enjoyed

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 11 Old Apr 11th, 2007, 3:15 pm Thread Starter

Thanks for the info. I'll go order it today.

Jim S.
'07 SturmGrau K1200LT

“Not all those who wander are lost.”

post #4 of 11 Old Apr 12th, 2007, 10:55 am
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn_Keen
The part number on my invoice is 99990000203. That cable fits the HF8020 as well as most Moto phones. I think it's around $20 from BMW. you can probably go to Radio Shack or some other electronic parts shop and pick up the connectors and a piece of cable and roll your own for under $5. Either way, I'm using the set up that you describe with my VOICE II and it works great.

Lynn,

Do you have the HF820 or 8020 bluetoothed to your cell phone or the GPS (NavIII or Zumo)? Reason I am asking as I have it plugged into the VOICE II and bluetoothed to the GPS and the GPS (NAV III) bluetoothed to the cell phone. But it seems that the HF820 will not stay "connected" to the GPS. it drops the connection.

Any thoughts?
post #5 of 11 Old Apr 12th, 2007, 11:42 am

There was some discussion on this on the Zumo website. It seems that some phones timeout their connection because of bandwidth issues. The relevant statement is:

Thank you for contacting Garmin International! I'm happy to help you
with this. This is a known issue with some phones. These phones do not
have enough bandwidth to be in a multiple connection environment and
unfortunately nothing can be done about it on the Zumo at this time.

If you have any additional comments or questions, please do not hesitate
to contact us via email or at the number listed below.=20

The Zumo website for this article can be found at http://zumoforums.com/zumo/viewtopic.php?t=932

So many toys out there, so little time!
2015 BMW K1600GTLE

2008 Piaggio 250 Betty's toy
2001 HD FLSTSI
1957 BMW R60

IBA #26695
RA #39456
MOA #150880

Always looking for more...
post #6 of 11 Old Apr 12th, 2007, 12:05 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Thanks James

FUDGE!
post #7 of 11 Old Apr 13th, 2007, 7:44 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBaker
Lynn,

Do you have the HF820 or 8020 bluetoothed to your cell phone or the GPS (NavIII or Zumo)? Reason I am asking as I have it plugged into the VOICE II and bluetoothed to the GPS and the GPS (NAV III) bluetoothed to the cell phone. But it seems that the HF820 will not stay "connected" to the GPS. it drops the connection.

Any thoughts?
I have my HF820 linked directly to my Motorola Cell phone. The 820 is plugged into the VOICE II with the BMW phone cord. That combination works great. I only tried once to link the 820 to my Garmin 8020 and had some problems. Don't know exactly what happened but I never went back to try and sort it out.

Lynn Keen
North East Florida
MSF #28271 Retired
'99 Canyon Red RETIRED AT 93,000 MI
'05 GRAPHITE METALLIC retired at 87,000 MI
'01 R1150 GS- totaled
'02 R1150 GS sold
'85 K100/EML sidecar sold
'11 R1200RT currently being enjoyed

post #8 of 11 Old Nov 15th, 2007, 12:53 pm

I'm trying to get my arms around this Bluetooth, HF820, intercom thing. There are several HF820 configurations on Ebay; not sure which I need. Also, do I need to get the BMW cord to plug into the HF820 and intercom? Is there anything else I need? If you could explain exactly what I need to get and how to connect it, I would be most appreciative. I just want to make sure I cover all the bases. I appreciate your help.

Ray

2007 K1200LT Hannigan- Blue
2012 R1200GS - Rallye
1973 R75/5 Toaster - Black
post #9 of 11 Old Nov 15th, 2007, 2:10 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arby60
I'm trying to get my arms around this Bluetooth, HF820, intercom thing. There are several HF820 configurations on Ebay; not sure which I need. Also, do I need to get the BMW cord to plug into the HF820 and intercom? Is there anything else I need? If you could explain exactly what I need to get and how to connect it, I would be most appreciative. I just want to make sure I cover all the bases. I appreciate your help.

Ray
Ray here is the link http://direct.motorola.com/ens/usa/b...r-the-car.html The HF820 has been replaced by the T305 but I do not know if the T305 has the jack to take the phone cord. The cord used is the BMW standard one for connecting a cell phone from its speaker jack to the bikes com system. In the absence of knowing if the T305 has the jack I would go with the HF 820 they are available at places like Best Buy and Radio Shack.

Gene
post #10 of 11 Old Nov 15th, 2007, 2:59 pm

I bought an HF820 on eBay. It is connected to my Autocom with a standard phone jack cord. I paired my Zumo with the phone and with the HF820. I understood that the more recent Motorola Bluetooth speakers no longer have a jack. I didn't confirm it but since I paid only about $22 for the HF820 I figure I got a deal.

It seems to work pretty well. Sometimes there is a delay between ending a call and seeing it disconnect on the Zumo screen. Sometimes when that happens the phone will "drop" from the Zumo but it reconnects itself within a minute or so.

The only other issue I have had is that the Zumo does not always detect the HF820, even when I follow the recommended order of powering up the HF first. If that happens I turn the Zumo off, then back on and it usually works fine from there.
post #11 of 11 Old Nov 15th, 2007, 4:14 pm

Thank you gentlemen. Your replies are appreciated.

Ray

2007 K1200LT Hannigan- Blue
2012 R1200GS - Rallye
1973 R75/5 Toaster - Black

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in