Need help w/poor man's comm. sys. - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old Mar 31st, 2007, 4:38 pm Thread Starter

Need help w/poor man's comm. sys.

I use a Nady PMC-2X . for two way communications and it works pretty well for the price.
I had my V-1 Radar detector plugged into the aux. input on the Nady using Valentine's Remote audio adapter and all was well until my new Zumo 550 arrived this week.

I'm trying to figure out how I can combine the outputs from both the V-1 and the Zumo into one input on the Nady. A simple "Y" splitter causes interference between the signals.
Also, If I plug the Zumo into the Nady by itself, even with the volume cranked on the Zumo, the audio is not loud enough. I should note that the Nady does not boost the aux input. The volume on the Nady is for two way only. Is there a way to boost or amplify the audio from the Zumo before it enters the Nady.

I know this is kind of a half a$$ system, but it has always worked fine. Have I out grown this setup, or can we make it work?

Joe
2005 BMW K1200LT
2007 Ducati Monster S4Rs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Mar 31st, 2007, 5:48 pm

You just need to make a simple passive mixer for yourself. Grab the attachment. (You'll need MS WORD to open it though.)
Attached Files
File Type: doc Passive Mixer.doc (34.5 KB, 68 views)
post #3 of 3 Old Mar 31st, 2007, 5:57 pm Thread Starter

That looks simple enough... Thanks Joe.

I came across an amp, about half way down this link that looks like it would give me the boost that i'm looking for. Also the super t-amp shown here runs on 12v dc and could be an option.

Joe
2005 BMW K1200LT
2007 Ducati Monster S4Rs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in