BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

Motorola HF-820 ???

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  GBaker 
#1 ·
Have the NAV III voice com II and bluetooth cell phone (BlackBerry on Nextel). All works great thru helmut speakers and mic if BB is paired to Nav III, then Nav III is paried to HF-820, then HF-820 is plugged into Voice Com II via the cell phone connecter cord.

Problem is the HF-820 will not stay paired to the NAV III or vice versa. Maybe for one or two or three calls and maybe none. :confused: Cell phone and NAV III stay paired forever call after call.

Any one have any sugestions or knowledge as to how to keep the 820 and NAV III paired?

#2 ·
Can the NAV III be paired to two devices at the same time?

#3 ·
deputy5211 said:
Can the NAV III be paired to two devices at the same time?

Yes and I think actually more than two. In fact once you pair the phone it asks for the head set. Imagine that!! The HF-820 can only be paired to one. I think I will try the 820 in the car and see how that goes.

#4 ·
I think your HF-820 needs to be paired to your phone and then tied by wire to your com system. I use the HF-820 on my bike by way of the Autocom phone wire and it works just fine. I also use the HF in my car as a speaker phone, which is what I understand it was made for. When the Autocom phone line in inserted into the HF the speaker function stops and the signal is sent via the cord to and from the Autocom. For voice commands I have to open the tank box and press the button to activate that option (which I very seldom use even in the car).

Hope this helps.

#5 ·
Lee, the reason mine is set up that way is to use the Bluetooth capability of the NAV III GPS. That is where I answer, dial. or hang up the phone. It also loads the phones address book making it easier to make a call as well as shows who is calling before I answer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.