Help with J&M CB Install! - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old Mar 4th, 2007, 11:33 am Thread Starter

Help with J&M CB Install!

I am planning to put the standard J&M CB handlebar mount on my '02 LT (new to me!). I already have the J&M 2003 CB from another bike and did not want to have to invest in the audio module for the BMW and then the BMW CB. I did purchase the BMW antenna kit so that the two antenna's would match. During the install today I realized that the BMW kit antenna wire will only reach as far as the driver's seat. If other's of you have done this install, how do I resolve the problem. Where do I purchase a longer antenna wire that will fit in to the BMW antenna? Is there a jumper antenna wire that will get me the rest of the way to the bars?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old Mar 4th, 2007, 6:06 pm

Mounting cb to bike

HI Gibby, I just got done mounting the J & M cb to my LT. Made the bracket for the handelbars, ran the wires and then found out I was about 2 feet short on the antenna wire, so I went to Radio Shack and picked up a cb cable that had the ends i needed. It was 4 feet long, I think i paid $3.00 for it. The cb works great without the $1600 option the dealers said I needed. Chuck
post #3 of 4 Old Mar 4th, 2007, 6:40 pm

Any truck stop will have what you need

post #4 of 4 Old Mar 4th, 2007, 7:40 pm Thread Starter

Guys,

Thanks for the help. It is great to know that someone else has done this successfully.

Gibby.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in