intercoms capable of CB on 1200gs? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old Feb 20th, 2007, 11:37 am Thread Starter

intercoms capable of CB on 1200gs?

well I am integrating Karens GS with all her goodies finally off her RT , one thing she thinks she just wants to go to CB no more GMRS on both bikes

so I am thinking of getting a new intercom system for her bike and taking the autocom for mine (that way I will stillhave com on the LT and My GSA

So outside of spending 1000's on a system again like JM or irritating myself to death with yet another autocom that never seems to work properly

what affordable intercoms are out there that work with cb, and other goodies (gps, radar, sirius, cell phone) preferable something that someone here has had good luck with already with a cb on a BMW

Thanks
Tom

Tom

'07 GS Adv (mine), '06 GS <(My brides)
(the only bmw's in the stable)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Feb 20th, 2007, 3:28 pm
Rider Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmgs
well I am integrating Karens GS with all her goodies finally off her RT , one thing she thinks she just wants to go to CB no more GMRS on both bikes

so I am thinking of getting a new intercom system for her bike and taking the autocom for mine (that way I will stillhave com on the LT and My GSA

So outside of spending 1000's on a system again like JM or irritating myself to death with yet another autocom that never seems to work properly

what affordable intercoms are out there that work with cb, and other goodies (gps, radar, sirius, cell phone) preferable something that someone here has had good luck with already with a cb on a BMW

Thanks
Tom
Howdy Tom,

Let me know when you find one I'm in the market as well

The JM Corp unit is a nice one. BMW sell a "badged version. It has intercom and, I believe, one (1) audio source input. I like the idea of it, especially if the head set is the same as for the LT.

I would consider it because the GPS doesn't "require" an audio to be effective. I prefer the H.A.R.D. system for the radar detector and that leaves a radio/ipod/sat input.

Bill "Omaha"

"Life may have begun at 44, but it didn't get thrilling until I shot past 100"

'04 K1200LT "Dieter" Titan Silver, FB 4/23/04
'06 K1200R "Wolfgang" White Aluminum Metallic, FB 6/7/05

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
RCB AMA, BMWMOA, Booze Brother "in training"
CCR: '04 Breckenridge CO, '05 Jackson Lake Lodge WY, '06 Chateau Elan GA, '08 Midway UT

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 3 Old Feb 20th, 2007, 3:39 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyOmaha
Howdy Tom,

Let me know when you find one I'm in the market as well

The JM Corp unit is a nice one. BMW sell a "badged version. It has intercom and, I believe, one (1) audio source input. I like the idea of it, especially if the head set is the same as for the LT.

I would consider it because the GPS doesn't "require" an audio to be effective. I prefer the H.A.R.D. system for the radar detector and that leaves a radio/ipod/sat input.

thank Bill, but JM told me to look elsewhere, too many issues with bmw and noise .

Tom

'07 GS Adv (mine), '06 GS <(My brides)
(the only bmw's in the stable)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in