voice II or baehr? once more - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old Feb 15th, 2007, 5:26 pm Thread Starter

voice II or baehr? once more

I know this has been played a thousand times, but how about a brief update? Cost of baehr and cost of voice II with cables and all needed to listen to music in 2 helmets on 2005, and have intercom. Speakers of comparable quality. At this point I assume sound quality is equal, any comments? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old Feb 15th, 2007, 7:29 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by goober27
I know this has been played a thousand times, but how about a brief update? Cost of baehr and cost of voice II with cables and all needed to listen to music in 2 helmets on 2005, and have intercom. Speakers of comparable quality. At this point I assume sound quality is equal, any comments? Thanks
Between my buddies and myself we have all of the major intercoms. J&M BC3, Beahr and my VOICE II. I installed or helped install all of them and have ridden and tested all of them.
Here are my conclusions:

Beahr
Easiest to install
excellent intercom
Good speakers and music quality
Good independent adjustability of vox, headset volume, etc. for driver and passenger. You can't do it while riding but once you find settings to your liking they require little further adjustment.
FRS works well. Still not sure about CB compatability.
Cost about the same as the VOICE II unless you have the VOICE II installed, then it's much cheaper. Buying cables adds to the initial cost.

J&M BC3
Most difficult to install
Excellent intercom
Good speakers and music quality
Can monitor CB & FRS at the same time (and transmit on either with the flick of a switch) both work very well. If you want CB this is the intercom for you.
You must choose fairing speakers or headsets, not both.
Cost is the highest. If you have it installed it's very expensive.

VOICE II
Much easier to install than the J&M but you still have to take a lot of tupperware off.
Good intercom but not as good as J&M or Beahr
Good speakers and excellent music quality
Offers the most adjustability - independent headset volume for driver and passenger. Independent vox control for driver and Passenger. Music can be turned off for driver or passenger letting the other listen. All adjustments can be done while sitting on the bike (even riding).
You can choose fairing speakers, headsets or both.
With fairing and headsets both on it has the best music quality hands down.

Bruce Hodges
post #3 of 7 Old Feb 15th, 2007, 8:04 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Thanks Bruce. Mine came with the Voice Comm II and I have wondered how it compared to others.

post #4 of 7 Old Feb 15th, 2007, 10:31 pm

Cool Thumbs down for the Voice II.

I am on my fourth BMW Voice II replacement within 16 months with Gulfcoast BMW Motorcycles of Fort Myers. For some reason, the intercom always is a problem.

The Voice II sometimes answers my cell phone. Half of the time, it misses the call even though it's designed to answer my cell and turn off the music simultaneously.

For what it's worth, I wouldn't spend the $1500.00 installed for that piece of crap again. I guess you know how I feel about the Voice II System.

Larry Seeman
Port Charlotte, FL
post #5 of 7 Old Feb 15th, 2007, 11:35 pm Thread Starter

I appreciate the input, will probably go baehr or voice II at this point, need to talk it over with the significant other since she is the one really wanting this.

Bill Spencer
post #6 of 7 Old Feb 15th, 2007, 11:51 pm

I had 3 voice II's on my 05' then had enough and got my money back. I bought a Autocom Pro AVi, looked at the Behr and Autocom at the bike show and Autocom was equal to the Behr but Autocom had a great show price so went that way. Have not installed it yet, going to go ride a GT tomorrow and decide if the LT is going to be sold and Autocom go on the new GT. I wish the Voice worked I loved the ease of it and the music and FRS were great.

05' LT Dark Grey, "Battle Star"
14' KTM 1190
03' KTM 450 EXC Dually
72' Honda SL 100
67' Triumph Bonneville
65' Honda CB160
70' Honda CB350
post #7 of 7 Old Feb 16th, 2007, 1:04 am

Thumbs up

The Baehr system is just AWESOM, we love ours !

It loaded up to full capisity, radar,GPS,Cell/MP3,GMRS/FRS
and it all works seamlessly .... VERY NICE !!

"00" Canyon Red LTI ~ Well Farklized ~ Bug Splattered
Our "semi" quiet riot
*** Trailer Too ***

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
T
wisties Required

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in