Push to talk on Voice II intercom? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old Nov 2nd, 2005, 8:40 pm Thread Starter

Push to talk on Voice II intercom?

I'm having a Voice II installed on my '05 LT today.

I had the BC-3 on my 2000 LT and preferred to turn off the voice activated intercom and use my push to talk (PTT) buttons to activate the intercom. The nice thing about turning off the voice activation is you can curse at traffic or sing along with the tunes and not turn on the intercom.

My local BMW dealer is saying they canít find any reference to using the PTT for the intercom on the Voice II system. Does anyone know if you can use the intercom in a PTT mode instead of voice activated?

Thanks,

Lee Hopkins
Parker Colorado
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old Nov 7th, 2005, 10:00 pm

Thumbs up Ptt

I have used the PTT for the intercom, I adjusted the voice activation setting to the fullest (10) so it would not activate with the voice This winter I will be putting another PTT in the rear for the wife

Be aware that if you have the CB or FRS on that it will transmit what ever you are saying via that unit at the same time so when I use either I revert back to the lower setting
post #3 of 6 Old Nov 7th, 2005, 10:24 pm
Just ridin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno
I have used the PTT for the intercom, I adjusted the voice activation setting to the fullest (10) so it would not activate with the voice This winter I will be putting another PTT in the rear for the wife

Be aware that if you have the CB or FRS on that it will transmit what ever you are saying via that unit at the same time so when I use either I revert back to the lower setting
You are able to get PTT to work on a VoiceII for the intercom?

I have never been able to get it to work on several '05 LTs. The PTT will trigger the muting but will not activate the microphone for the intercom.

The PTT did work for the intercom with the ComSystem and BC-x models.

Randy Prade
Aurora, CO

Just ride it!
Meet Riley

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 6 Old Nov 7th, 2005, 10:51 pm

Question Voice II

You know it was the older version ( VOICE) I was using at the time I was using the PTT I will have to check it out now MAYBE I SPOKE OUT OF TURN.
Thanks for the Reply
post #5 of 6 Old Nov 7th, 2005, 10:57 pm Thread Starter

Manual pretty useless

Thanks for your comments on PPT. Happy to hear it may work. The manual doesn't offer much detail. I posted a PDF version in the techincal files on this site.
post #6 of 6 Old Nov 7th, 2005, 11:50 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy
You are able to get PTT to work on a VoiceII for the intercom?

I have never been able to get it to work on several '05 LTs. The PTT will trigger the muting but will not activate the microphone for the intercom.

The PTT did work for the intercom with the ComSystem and BC-x models.
Mine does

(there's always one @#(*&$ in the crowd, right? )

Here's a theory that I haven't bothered to test (too late tonight on the Right Coast):

I have my FRS cable permanently plugged in (cell cable, too, come to think of it). With no passenger headset, I cannot trigger my VOX (as it should be), but pressing the PTT opens the circuit, and the mic is hot (I can hear myself speaking in the ear speakers -- with all those other voices in there, it can get *quite* distracting! ).

I wonder if the VOICE II assumes activation of the PTT means you must be wanting to talk over the FRS (even if the radio's not there) because the cable's plugged in? Just something to ponder.

Mark Neblett
Fairfax, VA

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in