Baehr Capo 2 - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old Feb 5th, 2007, 8:58 pm Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporter

Baehr Capo 2

Any one with pros-cons of this system and will it work with a k1200ltbaehr system, what is the wattage and distance in real use straight line and thru trees ect...also will it interface with other radios freq like Icom and midland, kenwood etc...matthew
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old Feb 5th, 2007, 9:00 pm
Senior Member (ret.)

My understanding is that the Capo II does not have the FRS/GMRS frequencies we use in the USA.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Raffy
post #3 of 7 Old Feb 5th, 2007, 9:13 pm Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporter

Thats to bad because Baehr is offering two at 399.00 each, my wife and I ride in a club and we are looking into radios to communicate with each other and also sync different radios in our group, so, back to thr drawing board, 2-Icom 4watt radios and a solo for her r1100s, I already have the k1200ltbaehr that I purchaced from you 2 years ago and still its around 700.00 for her and 350 for me.

post #4 of 7 Old Feb 5th, 2007, 9:18 pm Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporter

You dont have the solo listed, can yoy get them...matthew
post #5 of 7 Old Feb 5th, 2007, 9:35 pm
Senior Member (ret.)

Yes.

Please contact me through my website.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Raffy
post #6 of 7 Old Feb 6th, 2007, 1:12 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadcrave
Any one with pros-cons of this system and will it work with a k1200ltbaehr system, what is the wattage and distance in real use straight line and thru trees ect...also will it interface with other radios freq like Icom and midland, kenwood etc...matthew
I have the Capo II (together with Baehr K 1200 LT model) and my experience goes as follows:

* in my bike I had really bad alternator whine through the power feed to Capo II, I could not really use it at the beginning. Later Baehr came up with a filter (Raffy knows the model) which took care of the problem.
* I installed mine on top of the battery (see pic) and I relocated the Baehr intercom over the left saddlebag. This was because the channel selector of Capo is on top of the housing under a rubber grommet and you need access to that. Relocating the interom led to a problem of drivers cable becoming too short to it's designated installation place. Luckily the Capo came with one extra cable that I could use as extension.
* I have installed the antenna on top of the trunk (just in front of the luggage rack) However, in order to do this the antenna cable needs to be cut and you need a small coax connector for the antenna. This is also needed for the trunk removal.
* I was using my unit last summer during the CCR trip through Europe, Canada and US. My riding buddy had Icom. Our communication worked fine but really the signal reach on an open highway was not more than 300 - 400 meters. I don't know who was to blame. My Capo or my buddy's Icom. Probably the latter as his installation was very temporary. The unit just tucked between the rear seat and the saddlebag handle, antenna in horizontal position...

My overall opinion of the unit is that if you want a permanently installed clean unit this is OK. The channel selector system is clumsy, but how often you need to do it anyway. The price becomes rather high especially if you need the filter for the power cable to kill the alternator noise.
And ...as far I understand Baehr has already come up with a newer model but I'm not sure. I think Raffy knows and he can also tell are these "legal" to be sold in the US.

Regards
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP2874.JPG
Views:	109
Size:	555.0 KB
ID:	9847  

Ari "the Farkle-Freak-Finn" Ignatius

Hyvinkää, Finland
2004 ('05) LT, Dark Graphite, "Sunset Cruiser II"

Bike trip from Finland to USA:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pictures of various farkle projects:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 7 Old Nov 10th, 2007, 9:32 pm

Baehr Capo 2 and the Baehr K1200LT

I had mine installed (accidently) by Baehr Communications in Parmesans, Germany. The Capo unit was actually supposed to be installed in my friend's wife's bike, but that's a different story.

The units interfaced well with each other although the team made several trips back and forth to the shop to get the correct filters to eliminate all of the electrical noise. I removed the Capo from my bike when we returned to Frankfurt and returned to Baehr and told them what they had done by accident. I also brought along a Midland FRS/GMRS radio to get all the correct cables and plugs. The PTT for the Capo was not compatible with the handheld. Also, there is a different PTT button for the ICOM, so when I add my 2 meter handheld into the equation, I will have to mount a third button.

The Capo 2's that my buddy bought were actually on the US frequencies, which, realistically, we were not supposed to use in Europe. Those frequencies were reserved for mostly Fire Departments from what we could tell from the interference (which was minimal) that we received.

Hope this helps..

J Edgar
06 K1200LT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in