BC-3 Question - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old Feb 5th, 2007, 2:04 pm Thread Starter

BC-3 Question

Folks,

I bought a used BMW intercom and installed it on my 2000 LT. I just tried to "turn it on" over the weekend and I was unsuccessful. I do not have the drivers cable yet so I used the passengers cable and tried to connect to it. My question is do you need to conect to the drivers cable to turn the BC-3 on? I haven't bought the BMW speciifc 6 pin cable needed to wire the driver's headset so I tried to just use the passenger's cable.

Any help on this would be appreciated. Thanks....

Bill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old Feb 5th, 2007, 5:09 pm
Old Dawg

You don't need to have the driver cable connected for the BC3 to work but I am confused because the driver and passenger cords the same configuration so you should be able to plug into either one.

Scott
Sacramento CA
HDDC Posse

''03 Ducati ST4S with ABS - '12 KTM 500EXC - '19 BMW GS/A
(Jessica Focker's) '15 BMW S1000RR - '17 KTM 350EXC-F - '09 Yamaha XT250

Some of the most asinine things people do are typically preceded by the two words "Watch this."
post #3 of 5 Old Feb 6th, 2007, 9:46 am Thread Starter

So do you mean that plugging in either the driver's or passenger's headset "turns on" the intercom. As I understand it the speakers shut off when the intercom turns on. I guess I'll be taking the tupperware off again to research this further. (hopefully it will warm up a tad first). Thanks.....

Bill

post #4 of 5 Old Feb 6th, 2007, 11:29 am