Voice II Problem - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old Jan 1st, 2007, 12:24 pm Thread Starter
esa

Voice II Problem

I have a '05 K12 with the VOICE II Comm System, the handle bar mounted BMW CB and the BMW Navigator II installed. Prior to this bike I drove a '99 LT, with the same accessories, for about 50k miles before trading for the new model. Everything has worked well on the '05 for about 5k miles but recently i am having a problem with the VOICE II. Here's what is happening. At 60-70 MPH in 5th gear (but not at lower speeds or in other gears) when i brake, either hand or foot, my music is muted for 3 or 4 seconds just like when I push the "push-to-talk" button on my CB. I have the VOICE II functions all set at the factory settings. Not a terrible problem but annoying never-the-less. BTW, I really like the '05.

Has anyone got any suggestions as to what may be causing this problem? Thanks for your help.

Earle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Jan 1st, 2007, 5:31 pm

I had three of the voice II's on my 05' until they removed it and gave me my money back. All of them worked fine for a while then would just stop working then come back on and so on. Good Luck.

05' LT Dark Grey, "Battle Star"
14' KTM 1190
03' KTM 450 EXC Dually
72' Honda SL 100
67' Triumph Bonneville
65' Honda CB160
70' Honda CB350
post #3 of 3 Old Jan 2nd, 2007, 5:10 am
Lifetime Supporter

Me Too

I had a simular problem. When I got to 65 mph or higher the speaker system would kick on and off from helmet to speakers. When I would come to a stop the speaker sound would divert from the helmet to the speakers. Very annoying and I would have to turn off the system to avoid the sound of the PTT turning on and off. Dropped the beast off at the dealer for repair at the end of our riding season. Dealer suggested I had a bad intercom plug on the bike that was shorting out. My wife was not real careful plugging in helmet cord and mangled the plug. It seemed to work fine on the trip home but the beast is hibernating until March or April when I will know for sure if it works properly.

I would be interested to hear what others say about this problem.

2005 - K1200 LT Blue
The best in life is yet to come!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in