Pairing/display questions sena, garmin, note 4 - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old Apr 16th, 2018, 11:23 am Thread Starter

Pairing/display questions sena, garmin, note 4

Hoping I can get a resolution of the fine art of pairing, so I appreciate any advise.

My devices are a Sena 10s, a garmin 665, w XM, a samsung note 4. R1200GS

I am trying to determine the best way to pair these three items, and include the option for intercom on occasion--not all the time.

What I would like to accomplish is the have incoming calls displayed on my garmin, and at the same time be able to use the phone button and jog wheel on the Sena to access speed dial.

I am at the point where it appears I can have one or the other, ie, have the phone info displayed on the garmin--and have to dial through the gps, OR, have no info displayed on the garmin, but have the ability to speed dial via the sena. I cannot get those two features to coexist.

I want to be able to see incoming calls on the garmin and retain the ability to use the sena buttons for speed dial.
Is that possible and how?

I have tried many different pathways to accomplish, unsuccessfully thusfar.

What I am doing now:
phone is paired to sena, phone is paired to garmin, garmin is paired with sena
I turn on the sena, it pairs with my phone..."phone is connected."
I then start the bike, garmin turns on, "Device is connected," and I can hear xm and nav and mp3s from garmin media player.
The, within a short while--maybe less than a minute???, I get a message on the garmin "Bluetooth device is disconnected."

In that state, I get all the garmin stuff, I have phone with speed dial, FM, etc---the only thing I do not have is a readout on the garmin showing me who/the number is calling--and with the amount of spam calls I get, that is useful info, and I'd like to get it...
Help???

I have also tried with no pairing of the phone to the sena, IE running the phone exclusively through the gps, but --> no speed dial, no access to phone through sena (as I would expect with no pairing)

The other thing is, it seems, when I pair with my pillion for intercom, pairings as above, I lose the sound from the garmin--no music, no nav--though I can still run and share music from my phone. Can all of the above be accomplished, and still have intercom, or is that more than the technology allows?

I upgraded the firmware to 1.4.1 and did a factory reset, but before I start pairing I thought I'd see if anyone could help from here and
TIA

John

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in