System advice 05 K1200LT - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old Sep 27th, 2017, 6:18 am Thread Starter

System advice 05 K1200LT

I'm currently on a BMW K1200LT. Does not have the VOICE system installed. What I am looking for is a single system to use. As a potential ride captain in my veterans organization, I am in need of a CB. Since the wife likes to ride along, an intercom would be helpful. What I am looking for is a system that can be used as CB/intercom/phone hookup. The system does not have to tie into the K1200 audio (I'm not a big music fan). I have to have a CB, no way around it. The intercom is almost a necessity. I'd rather hear 2 minutes of bitching while I ride than a constant barrage during a stop. The phone hookup is not a necessity, but would be nice for the days I'm out on a ride and work calls. Anyone have any advice that won't break the bank?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Sep 27th, 2017, 1:20 pm

Re: System advice 05 K1200LT

If you do not mind the system being "hard" wired, The J&M system is the way to go, but then I read your last sentence. The J&M system will break your bank!
I would also look at the latest Autocom systems. I had an older Autocom system on my LT but I could never get a cb to work properly. But I did have a cb connected when I traveled to the CCR in Breckenridge and was able to speak to another person traveling with me on his LT.
My RT had the BMW's J&M system when I purchased the bike. The cb works good on it. The only thing, J&M wants $500 for a module in order to receive and make phone calls. I did not purchase this module.
The Sena system is the way to go in today's world, but I do not know if you can get a cb to function with it.

Mike Trevelino
Williamsburg, VA
2008 RT
2000 LT - Totaled at 99,960 miles

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 Old Sep 27th, 2017, 10:06 pm

Garage
Re: System advice 05 K1200LT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Handleson View Post
I'm currently on a BMW K1200LT. Does not have the VOICE system installed. What I am looking for is a single system to use. As a potential ride captain in my veterans organization, I am in need of a CB. Since the wife likes to ride along, an intercom would be helpful. What I am looking for is a system that can be used as CB/intercom/phone hookup. The system does not have to tie into the K1200 audio (I'm not a big music fan). I have to have a CB, no way around it. The intercom is almost a necessity. I'd rather hear 2 minutes of bitching while I ride than a constant barrage during a stop. The phone hookup is not a necessity, but would be nice for the days I'm out on a ride and work calls. Anyone have any advice that won't break the bank?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtrevelino View Post
If you do not mind the system being "hard" wired, The J&M system is the way to go, but then I read your last sentence. The J&M system will break your bank!
I would also look at the latest Autocom systems. I had an older Autocom system on my LT but I could never get a cb to work properly. But I did have a cb connected when I traveled to the CCR in Breckenridge and was able to speak to another person traveling with me on his LT.
My RT had the BMW's J&M system when I purchased the bike. The cb works good on it. The only thing, J&M wants $500 for a module in order to receive and make phone calls. I did not purchase this module.
The Sena system is the way to go in today's world, but I do not know if you can get a cb to function with it.
Well if it's a CB you must have, then I don't see that you have many choices. J&M is your only option, as far as I'm aware. My RT had an Autocom system hooked up to a Kenwood 2 way handheld system that could be used to communicate with 1 other rider. It also has pigtails to connect to your headset and microphone so that you can communicate with your passenger. All that said, I found that the system didn't work well so I removed everything. In the end, I just bought a Sena 20S that allows me to do everything, except use a CB radio with it. So that brings us back to the J&M product. I think that's your only option.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in