J&M CB with Bluetooth - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old Apr 23rd, 2017, 2:50 pm Thread Starter

J&M CB with Bluetooth

I have been investigating how to add Bluetooth and have the J&M CB still function.
A few weeks ago I added a Sena Freewire to my GTLe. The model that I used was for the Goldwing and I also installed a HSPT-GL18 pigtail in place of the current pigtail.
All of this is paired to a Sena 20S headset. If you ride with a passenger you will also need a second Freewire for them to hear the radio.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2014 K1600 Exclusive
2015 R1200RTP
2018 Hyundai Tucson Limited
Colorado PGR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Nov 1st, 2018, 11:28 am Thread Starter

Re: J&M CB with Bluetooth

The above setup works well. I am at a point that I may sell the GTL and purchase a new RT. I am looking for mounts for the J&M head unit and an antenna mount. Does any one know where I can find these items.

2014 K1600 Exclusive
2015 R1200RTP
2018 Hyundai Tucson Limited
Colorado PGR
post #3 of 3 Old Feb 20th, 2019, 8:56 pm

Re: J&M CB with Bluetooth

I have the J&M mounted on my K1200lt. found like the last wire harness interface for the CB to my bike.
You should be able to move the head unit to your new bike using the current mount. I had a older GW, 1980. My head unit mounted onto my 99 K1200lt. The bigger issue for me was the tupperware covers on the handles bars. I fabricate most of the mounts I have.
But your SENA comment is brilliant. Have been attempting to cut the cord and keep the functions. Was in market for new helmet so will also check the SENA helmets offered.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in