SENA SMH**, BMW AP, NAV V, SR10 (UHF) and iPhone ** Bluetooth spaghetti - BMW Luxury Touring Community
 5Likes
  • 1 Post By Chriscoote
  • 1 Post By malclingan
  • 1 Post By Chriscoote
  • 1 Post By Scubadoc
  • 1 Post By hkeithmurray

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 Old Jul 16th, 2016, 4:50 am Thread Starter

Exclamation SENA SMH**, BMW AP, NAV V, SR10 (UHF) and iPhone ** Bluetooth spaghetti

I've decided to start a thread to educate others as I journey through the fun and games of this whole lark.

I use the bike for everything and I have taken the liberty to prioritise what I need the systems for, while starting at the very beginning, considering how Bluetooth (BT) protocols work and how they are handled by SENA, BMW, Garmin and others.

This will get "wordy" but hang in there- as I go through the challenges I'll post network maps and more info. Firstly there are three protocols of Bluetooth connection that we give a hoot about:

1. HFP or hands-free protocols. These are for mobile phone connection, giving two-way instructions and general controls. You can have only one of these active at any time.

2. A2DP or Advanced Audio Distribution Protocol. This is for the distribution of stereo music and audio controls.

3. Headset Protocols (for audio recieving and some commands)

You can get more info on these by googling them.

Firstly is the SENA SMH headsets. They can accept three types of connection:

1. Mobile phone pairing: This is the primary connection to smart phones (or BMW NAV V that channel Smart Phone capabilities) and includes HFP and A2DP. It lets you connect your smartphone to the headset and have full functionality including music etc. You can have only one of these paired at any time.

2. Phone selective pairing OR Multipoint Pairing (the manual and voice menu of the headset uses different terminology). This gives HFP ONLY. It is accessed by entering mobile phone pairing (press and hold phone button for five seconds) and within 2 seconds tapping the phone button again. (again, the manual has an error here- this cost me about a month of frustration). You can have one of these paired along with the primary phone on the SMH10

3. Media selective pairing: this is for A2DP protocol only. It is accessed by entering phone pairing and then tapping the JOG button. You can have one of these paired along with the primary phone on the SMH10

So, in summary, the SENA headset line is super-awesome and can do lots, even the basic one (SMH10, which I have as I have a Bell MAG-9 and a Bell RS-1). Next, I'll explore connection combinations.

Hang in there!
scottydawg likes this.

Last edited by Chriscoote; Jul 16th, 2016 at 5:11 am.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 Old Jul 16th, 2016, 5:34 am Thread Starter

Re: SENA SMH**, BMW AP, NAV V, SR10 (UHF) and iPhone ** Bluetooth spaghetti

BMW AP (Audio system):

The BMW Audio system, fitted to the R1200RT from mid-2011 and K1600GT/L, specifically has to be connected to a Bluetooth headset such as the System or SENA etc.

Whether you have a Navigator fitted (via cradle) or not, the audio outputs via either the speakers* or BT output only.

*The RT and K16GT have rear speaker outputs available, and many have wired in to this output and created a hard-wired output that can be switched via internal speakers (on the dash) and the rear speaker output via the fader. This may come in handy later.

There is the possibility if the BT output from the bike is active, it can be switched between the speakers and helmet simply by switching the BT off and on.

BUT!

It can be connected to a Navigator IV or V, or a SENA SR10/ SM10 via A2DB.

Last edited by Chriscoote; Jul 16th, 2016 at 6:03 am.
post #3 of 28 Old Jul 16th, 2016, 5:51 am Thread Starter

SENA SR10:

The SENA SR10 UHF adapter functions on the HFP, and as such needs to be connected as a second "mobile phone" in order to function as the UHF connection. That's how it was designed to work. It is to be connected using multipoint pairing. If you are to use the SR10 as anything else (such as a hub for music, GPS input etc) it may need to be connected as the primary "phone".

You can see now that depending on configuration, you need to select how you are to pair everything up.

Last edited by Chriscoote; Jul 16th, 2016 at 6:12 am.

post #4 of 28 Old Jul 16th, 2016, 6:00 am Thread Starter

BMW Navigator V:

I have only experience with the Nav V, so this applies to it.

The Nav V can function as it's own Bluetooth hub and as such can handle all the the functions of the smartphone (siri/ Cortana) and music. Therefore pairing the Nav as the primary phone (HFP/ A2DP) to the SENA headset, and the phone to it makes sense.

Effectively the Nav V becomes the Heads-up Display (HUD) of the bike, controlling the GPS effort (of course), Phone controls including Siri (via the voice command button in the phone menu) and the bike audio is the "rock box".

The BMW AP can feed the SMH10 via A2DP Multi-point audio.

Last edited by Chriscoote; Jul 16th, 2016 at 6:05 am.
post #5 of 28 Old Jul 16th, 2016, 7:36 am Thread Starter

ARRANGEMENT 1:

SMH10 to NAV V as primary phone, iPhone 6s to Nav V.

Works perfectly. Can use Siri via voice command app in navigator and all seems to be in synch.

Only issue is that the Navigator won't play media from the phone, indicating that it has created only an HFP connection to the phone. One can only assume that the Navigator needs another input (A2DP) from an audio input to play media to the headset. This could be the bike....

ORDER OF POWERING UP:

Ensure Bluetooth is on, on the phone (I leave mine on)
Power up headset, listen for "Hello",
start bike/ turn on navigator.

Last edited by Chriscoote; Jul 16th, 2016 at 8:48 am.
post #6 of 28 Old Jul 16th, 2016, 8:47 am Thread Starter

After a lot of trial and error, the bike will pair with the helmet (A2DP) but it sounds shite. This is pretty common apparently.

The following arrangement works to give good audio however bypasses the bike audio:

Arrangement 2:

SMH10 to iPhone 6s (Phone pairing #1)
SMH10 to NAV V (Phone pairing #2)

Pretty much everything works, but bypasses the BMW audio.

ORDER OF POWERING UP:

Power up headset, listen for "Hello", "Phone Paired", then
start bike/ turn on navigator. "Phone paired" will be heard again.
post #7 of 28 Old Jul 16th, 2016, 8:48 am

I wished I had this info two months ago when we started a 6 week tour. I discovered this same order of powering on with our Scala's & Zumo 550 about two weeks into the ride. Was extremely frustrating for about 2,000+ miles. Great detailed explanation with definitions, and I Thank You!
Chriscoote likes this.
post #8 of 28 Old Jul 16th, 2016, 9:41 am Thread Starter

I've tried a few more arrangements on the bike and have found the following:

No matter how you paint it, the audio output from the bike is clearly a different signal to the common A2DP. It only wants to connect using HP (headset protocol). The "Sena Solution" spoken of elsewhere on this forum, either via a bluetooth A2DP transmitter or 3.5mm plug into an SM or SR10 is the fix. full control of bike audio output to the helmet.

I'm satisfied with using the speakers for now, so I'll work on the audio to the helmet before my next big trip. Simple to do.

The SR10/ UHF added complexity however future arrangement could be having this hard-wired to the bike and using it as a hub for audio input (via rear speaker output), GPS and UHF. I feel this might actually be the most stable setup and something I will work on.

The current, working arrangement is this:

SMH10 to NAV V as primary phone, iPhone 6s to Nav V.
SR10 to Helmet as multi-point paired.

Pairing order: (after clearing all pairings on all devices):
Helmet to Nav.
Nav to phone.
Helmet (multi-point) to SR10 (as per Sena instructions).
Phone to SR10 (as per Sena instructions)

REGULAR RIDING ARRANGEMENT:

Works perfectly. Can use Siri via voice command app in navigator and all seems to be in synch. Phone plugs into bike via lightning connector, all music comes out of the speakers, nav directions come out of headset, as does phone calls. Full control of phone from Navigator.

ORDER OF POWERING UP:

Plug phone into bike.
Power up headset, listen for "Hello",
start bike/ turn on navigator.

UHF RIDING ARRANGEMENT:

As before, all music is out of main speakers, Nav directions will also come out of speakers, although for some reason I got directions out of helmet once? Full Siri control from SMH10 buttons on helmet, no control on GPS though. For what I wanted, which was UHF capability and ability to answer phone, I have got what I want here.

ORDER OF POWERING UP:

Ensure Bluetooth is on, on the phone (I leave mine on),
Plug phone into bike.
Power up SR10, (leave UHF off)
Power up headset, listen for "Hello", "Phone Connected"
Start bike/ turn on navigator.
Listen for "media connected" (Nav V) Ensure correct flashing sequence on SR10 and headset is connected to

Turn on UHF, do radio check. Ensure audio cuts in and out correctly.

I will add to this another day when I have trialled a hard-wired SR10 arrangement.

Last edited by Chriscoote; Jul 16th, 2016 at 10:28 am.
post #9 of 28 Old Jul 16th, 2016, 7:54 pm Thread Starter

Talking Re: SENA SMH**, BMW AP, NAV V, SR10 (UHF) and iPhone ** Bluetooth spaghetti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscoote View Post
The "Sena Solution" spoken of elsewhere on this forum, either via a bluetooth A2DP transmitter or 3.5mm plug into an SM or SR10 is the fix. full control of bike audio output to the helmet.
After further research, the SR10 does not support A2DP, only HFP. If you want that, you need to go to the SM10.

It is pointless plugging the bike audio output into this as it will result in mono audio.

So the final configuration will be as follows:

Helmet to navigator (HFP) via priority mobile phone pairing,
Navigator paired to the phone.
Phone plugged into the bike in the glove box, giving full audio control.
Rear speakers/ line out plugged into a Bluetooth A2DP transmitter ($20 off eBay) or SM10, and fading as desired,
Helmet paired to A2DP dongle or SM10, so I can have helmet music as desired (long trips)
SR10 paired to helmet using Sena instructions, stand alone.

For the cost of a few plugs and about a week's worth of grey- matter, I'll end up with a fully-functioning Comms and audio integration.

Nil_Time likes this.

Last edited by Chriscoote; Jul 16th, 2016 at 8:14 pm.
post #10 of 28 Old Jul 18th, 2016, 7:41 am Thread Starter

Quote:
After further research, the SR10 does not support A2DP, only HFP. If you want that, you need to go to the SM10.

It is pointless plugging the bike audio output into this as it will result in mono audio.

So the final configuration will be as follows:

Helmet to navigator (HFP) via priority mobile phone pairing,
Navigator paired to the phone.
Phone plugged into the bike in the glove box, giving full audio control.
Rear speakers/ line out plugged into a Bluetooth A2DP transmitter ($20 off eBay) or SM10, and fading as desired,
Helmet paired to A2DP dongle or SM10, so I can have helmet music as desired (long trips)
SR10 paired to helmet using Sena instructions, stand alone.

For the cost of a few plugs and about a week's worth of grey- matter, I'll end up with a fully-functioning Comms and audio integration.

After a bit of trial, and error, I seem to be having drama with the phone call quality through the Navigator. This seems to be a bit of "a thing" and functionality of the phone controls of the Nav V isn't as seamless as Siri direct via the SMH10.

So I have paired the following way:

SMH10 headset to Phone, main connection.
Phone to navigator, for data support (live traffic etc)
SR10 to phone (multipoint pairing) and phone, triangular as per SR10 manual. (I use a Uniden UH950s, BTW)
SM10 to SMH10 via multipoint media pairing, hard wired to the rear speakers "line out" and switched power from rear powerlet socket.

Nothing struggles to pair, hooks up every time, You simply just switch everything on in this order:

Key on bike (which initialises the SM10),
Switch on SR10 (if you're using it),
Turn on SMH10 (rider's) and listen for all pairings.

In the future, I will buy my wife an SMH10 also, and it will be paired to her phone, and the SM10 for shared audio.

Optional will be the intercom
post #11 of 28 Old Aug 23rd, 2016, 9:44 am Thread Starter

If you're mimicking my setup, then this will work.

Clear all pairings on the headset, factory reset on SM & SR10. delete all previous pairings on Navigator V (5) and iPhone.
  1. Turn off all units, and switch off Bluetooth on iPhone,
  2. Firstly pair the SMH10 to the Navigator V via normal phone pairing (Press and hold phone button for 5 seconds),
  3. Switch Bluetooth on, on iPhone,
  4. Pair Nav V to iPhone,
  5. go into Nav V bluetooth settings and under the SMH10 de-select "media",
  6. Turn iPhone and Nav Bluetooth off.
  7. Pair the SR10 to the SMH10 via Multipoint pairing (press and hold jog dial 5 sec, then tap phone button),
  8. Pair the SM10 to the SMH10 via "Media Select Pairing" (press and hold phone button, tap jog dial),
  9. Turn everything off,
  10. switch all units on, with the SMH10 LAST. This is the powering up order, all the time. The headset may take up to 20 seconds to connect to all three units.

If you are not using an SM10, insert BMW bike Bluetooth here. This also assumes you will be plugging the phone into the console on the bike, giving wonderwheel control of all audio (and two volume dials, headset and wheel). If you are not going to connect to the bike or an SM10, (eg completely bypass on-board audio) then you have one further pairing to do:

Pair the SMH10 to the iPhone via "Media select pairing". This will allow the phone to send music to the headset, all controlled form on board the Nav V,
post #12 of 28 Old Aug 23rd, 2016, 10:26 am

I have been working with a TomTom Rider, a SMH10 and a SMH5 and an iPhone. The SMH10 is my primary and the SMH5 is my pillion. I don't remember exactly how I paired everything but the SMH10 pairs properly with the phone and then with the TomTom and I initially get a connect from my pillion SMH5 and we can speak but the SMH5 drops the connection to the SMH10 while riding.

I haven't figured out what is killing it yet but I think it is either the phone or the GPS preempting. I know it will blank out the other sources when the GPS speaks to me but then it returns. I know this as I have been on the phone and received directions with no pillion present during the conversation and that seems to work but the pillion doesn't seem to come back and I hear no voice command from either the phone or GPS to indicate a command preempt before the SMH5 drops.

The SMH10 to SMH5 pairing worked fine before I added the TomTom so I suspect that is the culprit. Next ride, I will shut off the GPS and see if i still have the same issue. Anyone know if this is a pairing mode issue or is this something someone else has overcome and has the cause and a proper order of operation and protocol use for this. I think both the GPS and iPhone are paired directly to the SMH10 along with the SMH5.

Not sure I always want my GPS on in order to be able to use the phone.

Gordon
Sugar Hill, GA
2001 K1200LTI Champagne (current ride) Lazy Susan
1998 R1100RT Never should have sold it
1974 Yamaha TX 750 Twin. Omni Phase Balanced

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 28 Old Aug 23rd, 2016, 11:01 am

How does the NAV V control the music on the iPhone?
post #14 of 28 Old Aug 23rd, 2016, 6:52 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmbmd View Post
How does the NAV V control the music on the iPhone?
It's not a function I've tested as on the RT the wonderwheel does it. But if you tick the box for media, in the phone and headset Bluetooth settings in the Nav V, you can do so. But from what I can tell, it's only on bikes that don't have onboard audio (like a GS or an R). You can't play with audio on the Nav on a GT or an RT.

Can someone try this out and chime in?
post #15 of 28 Old Aug 24th, 2016, 11:16 am

Quote:
BMW AP (Audio system):

*The RT and K16GT have rear speaker outputs available, and many have wired in to this output and created a hard-wired output that can be switched via internal speakers (on the dash) and the rear speaker output via the fader. This may come in handy later.
Please correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think the RTs from 2014 on up to 2016 have a rear speaker output. I've checked with BMW service, and I cannot find anything that states otherwise. Of course, you can hardwire your own if you have the necessary skills.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ed

Previous: 2013 F800GT
Recent: 2014 R1200RT Quartz Blue Metallic
Current: 2014 K1600GTL Hannigan trike conversion
post #16 of 28 Old Aug 24th, 2016, 12:16 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubadoc View Post
Please correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think the RTs from 2014 on up to 2016 have a rear speaker output. I've checked with BMW service, and I cannot find anything that states otherwise. Of course, you can hardwire your own if you have the necessary skills.
You are correct, no rear speakers on WC models. I haven't had the time to look into the possibility of hooking up my SM10 to the system so the wife can have music to Vs sharing from my SMH10R, life would be better .

BIGHOPPER (Phil)
BGB 602
2016 R1200RT LC Purchase March
2003 R1150GSA Black Beast (purchased Nov 2011- 32,372klms)
2006 K1200LT Grey
(Purchased 2008, 7,350 mls) Trade in on 2016 RT at 80,600miles
1975 Norton John Player Replica (Sold When I got Married)
1973 Norton Interstate
1965 Atlas 750
1971 Triumph Trail Blazer(Rode from London to Sydney Aust, no maps for that)

post #17 of 28 Old Aug 24th, 2016, 5:50 pm Thread Starter

Bugger. That's a shame. I read somewhere they did?

So what's the best setup for an LC model?do they suffer from crap BT output like the Twin-cams?
post #18 of 28 Old Aug 24th, 2016, 6:41 pm

Quote:
Bugger. That's a shame. I read somewhere they did?

So what's the best setup for an LC model?do they suffer from crap BT output like the Twin-cams?
Yea, the BT audio output from the bike is horrible on the SMH-10 speakers, and I have given up on them, having tried multiple "high end" helmet speakers. I ended up using in-ear buds with the earbud adaptor cable available from Sena. My link sequence is a little different from yours, but it lets me listen to my iPhone, although I cannot access Siri. I can make and receive calls through the Nav interface. Here is what I have been doing for the last few years, and it is fairly reliable:
iPhone BT off; Turn on Sena and link to bike using A2DP (Nav5 is off or detached during this step); start Nav5, which is linked via multipoint; turn on iPhone which will then link to Nav5. If you want iPhone media, you can use either the adaptor BMW cable or plug in a separate BT adaptor to the USB port in the right hand cubby. I have a device called Tune2Air, which links to the iPhone via simple BT. So now I have everything coming to the Sena and I can use the Src button to switch between Sirius, FM, or iPhone Media. Pandora, Spotify, and other iPhone apps are readily available, but only the music in iTunes can be controlled via the wonder wheel.
It sounds like you have put a lot of thought into this, so I welcome suggestions.

Ed

post #19 of 28 Old Aug 24th, 2016, 6:48 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubadoc View Post
Yea, the BT audio output from the bike is horrible on the SMH-10 speakers, and I have given up on them, having tried multiple "high end" helmet speakers. I ended up using in-ear buds with the earbud adaptor cable available from Sena. My link sequence is a little different from yours, but it lets me listen to my iPhone, although I cannot access Siri. I can make and receive calls through the Nav interface. Here is what I have been doing for the last few years, and it is fairly reliable:
iPhone BT off; Turn on Sena and link to bike using A2DP (Nav5 is off or detached during this step); start Nav5, which is linked via multipoint; turn on iPhone which will then link to Nav5. If you want iPhone media, you can use either the adaptor BMW cable or plug in a separate BT adaptor to the USB port in the right hand cubby. I have a device called Tune2Air, which links to the iPhone via simple BT. So now I have everything coming to the Sena and I can use the Src button to switch between Sirius, FM, or iPhone Media. Pandora, Spotify, and other iPhone apps are readily available, but only the music in iTunes can be controlled via the wonder wheel.
It sounds like you have put a lot of thought into this, so I welcome suggestions.
The last thing I want to try is connecting the Nav via multipoint, instead of as the main phone, and pairing the SR10 as the "phone", reverse of what I have now to try to eliminate some of the interference I get when on the phone. It pops and crackles sometimes. It could be that I need to change the microphone gain setting on the SMH10 to suit what the Nav V may be expecting.
post #20 of 28 Old Aug 24th, 2016, 7:03 pm

Quote:
The last thing I want to try is connecting the Nav via multipoint, instead of as the main phone, and pairing the SR10 as the "phone", reverse of what I have now to try to eliminate some of the interference I get when on the phone. It pops and crackles sometimes. It could be that I need to change the microphone gain setting on the SMH10 to suit what the Nav V may be expecting.
Correction: I am using the Sena 10S as the helmet communicator. This may make the difference, as I have not had issues with interference.
Chriscoote likes this.

Ed

post #21 of 28 Old Aug 24th, 2016, 10:32 pm

On my K1600 I use a J&M CB and hard wired helmets. I ride too long at a time to rely on Bluetooth. The RTP has a hardwired SetCom system that is integrated into to the BMW electronics. We have a few officers that have been experimenting with the Sena and also Motorola wireless systems.
One of the big problems that some have been having is interference when the SMH** is plugged into a power source.

2014 K1600 Exclusive
2015 R1200RTP
2018 Hyundai Tucson Limited
Colorado PGR
post #22 of 28 Old Aug 25th, 2016, 9:31 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by iride4u View Post
On my K1600 I use a J&M CB and hard wired helmets. I ride too long at a time to rely on Bluetooth. The RTP has a hardwired SetCom system that is integrated into to the BMW electronics. We have a few officers that have been experimenting with the Sena and also Motorola wireless systems.
One of the big problems that some have been having is interference when the SMH** is plugged into a power source.
Western Australia Police have gone to theSena SMH10's, and an SR10 on the bike, within lots of custom wiring behind them to the police radio and PTT buttons. No issues, they last all shift even when copping a hammering on Comms.
post #23 of 28 Old Aug 25th, 2016, 9:32 am Thread Starter

Ok guys I'm trialling a setup that looks like it's working great, and stable.

I'll post more as I go.

I have 32 days solid (full days) on the bike before Christmas. Should be enough time to work out the bugs
post #24 of 28 Old Sep 7th, 2016, 12:31 pm

Garage

Great write up. These same issues buggered me too - and I just gave up and paired my iphone 6 to my SMH10 and called it a day. I have new hope, after reading your posts, so I will try again.

I like to keep it simple:

I want to use the iphone through my Nav5, so I can use as a HUD and see weather, etc on the NAV. In addition, I want to see the incoming calls and notification on the NAV5 and still be able to answer the calls through the SMH10.

As far as audio, I have a 64gb memory stick loaded into the system and just let it randomly play any of my 6000 favoritate songs!

Any other suggestions would be great.

Thanks again.

H. Keith Murray

Troy, Michigan 48085
IBA #48803
MOA / TCD

2016 BMW R1200 GS Adventure - White (Thumper)
SOLD - 2014 BMW R1200RT - Quartz Blue (RockeT)
SOLD - 2007 Honda GL1800 ABS/Nav - Platinum (RV)
SOLD - 2014 Yamaha FZ09 - Volunteer Orange (Vol)
SOLD - 2002 K1200LT - Pacific Blue (Slick)
SOLD - 2005 HD Road King Classic - Chopper Blue & Sunglo Blue (Boss)
SOLD - 2001 Kawasaki Concours - Sonic Blue (Conc)
SOLD - 2001 Kawasaki ZXR1200R - Team Green (Zip)
post #25 of 28 Old Sep 7th, 2016, 7:12 pm Thread Starter

So in the wash up, it seems that the manuals differ by firmware version quite greatly, but seem to have consistent instructions on pairing procedures. They are all rubbish, only because of the syntax and sentence structure makes it confusing. I've had to talk with Sena on a few occasions, trialled a lot of combinations but I've found one that seems to be the most stable.

The Nav V will try to take over everything, so you can do two things with the Nav V, either pair THROUGH it, to the headset or pair in PARALLELL to it, direct to the phone.

The difference is that when paired through the Nav, you have full HUD control, but lose Siri capability, and the reverse with the parallel setup.

I've chosen to pair in parallel as I prefer Siri capability over the HUD. Though I may change my mind

I get some Bluetooth interference when paired through the navigator which is not present when the headset is paired direct to the phone. Not sure why but I may do some more research. It could be a firmware problem.

@hkeithmurray I would suggest pairing the headset to the phone, then the phone to the Nav V. If you use the speakers on the bike or a separate Bluetooth transmitter (either BMW or some other transmitter) then go into the Bluetooth settings on the navigator and untick "media" in phone setting menu. Otherwise the navigator will try to hijack the whole operation, and on the RT that's a problem as the audio from the navigator is programmed to go out through the bike....

FYI

The SR10 on my bike is stand-alone and treated as a "plug-in module" which I only turn on when I want the UHF/ CB. As it is paired by phone selective pairing you can have everything else without it. I will soon be hardwiring the SR10 under the seat with a custom harness so only the radio is on the dash.

The SM10 (my audio feed) is wired into the line out of the 2012 model, and lives in my phone compartment after a small cutout was made in the foam and a wire port was drilled and sealed for it to live there. It is paired to the helmet via phone pairing. I'm still working on a switched power source that won't give any white noise.

Hope this makes sense? Feel free to ask any questions.
post #26 of 28 Old Sep 7th, 2016, 9:23 pm

Garage

Thanks for the tip. I will give it a try and let you know how it goes!
Chriscoote likes this.

H. Keith Murray

Troy, Michigan 48085
IBA #48803
MOA / TCD

post #27 of 28 Old Sep 8th, 2016, 12:03 pm

Garage

BTW - is there any particular order to power everything up? I noticed in the other posts you were really specific on this part?

Thanks again for you help!

H. Keith Murray

Troy, Michigan 48085
IBA #48803
MOA / TCD

post #28 of 28 Old Sep 8th, 2016, 6:15 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkeithmurray View Post
BTW - is there any particular order to power everything up? I noticed in the other posts you were really specific on this part?

Thanks again for you help!
I found that it worked best if you switched on the headset, allowed it to pair to the phone, if that was what you are doing, then the SR10, then the Nav (bike) (if you were going through the Nav for the phone). Not sure why, it all seems stable.

Every now and again I have to tap the PTT button on the SR10 to force connection, but generally after 10-30seconds (at the very worst) it paired.

So the short answer is no, no real powering up procedure other than only switching one device on at a time, allowing it to connect to the helmet before switching on the next device.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in