Autocom part 1326?? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old Oct 17th, 2006, 11:29 pm Thread Starter

Garage
Autocom part 1326??

I have an Active 7 Smart that I was using on an 1150GS. I now have an '06 LT with the VOICE II system. I understand I can't interface the two units so the Autocom helmet speakers/mic can't be plugged into the stingray plug. My dealer showed me a part 1326 in his Autocom catalog but had no info. I called Top Gear and they had no info either. Does anybody know what this part will do??

If an interface cable could be made by someone that connects the 6 pin VOICE II to the 7 pin Autocom they could make a ton of money, I bet.

Bill Reitz
Surf City, USA
'06 Storm Gray Metallic LT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old Oct 17th, 2006, 11:46 pm

I went to the Autocomamerica web site and could not find a listing for a 1326. Maybe he has and old catalog? Did his cat. have any type of description for the part?

http://www.autocomamerica.com/index.cfm

Rusty Snyder
post #3 of 11 Old Oct 17th, 2006, 11:57 pm

Have a look at page 10 of the catalogue at:

http://www.autocom.co.uk/pdf/Autocom_Brochure_06-06.pdf

Regards .... Ron

post #4 of 11 Old Oct 18th, 2006, 6:37 pm Thread Starter

Garage
Part 1326

Thanks for the reply. You guys in other parts of the world get info sooooo much faster than the US. Now I"ve got to figure out if this part is retroactive to my Active 7 Smart or only usable with the NEW Autocom's.

Thanks again...........................

Bill Reitz
Surf City, USA
post #5 of 11 Old Oct 18th, 2006, 11:02 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron0849
Have a look at page 10 of the catalogue at:

http://www.autocom.co.uk/pdf/Autocom_Brochure_06-06.pdf

Regards .... Ron
Thanks for the update Ron. I guess that i was the one looking at the old cat.

Rusty Snyder
post #6 of 11 Old Oct 19th, 2006, 12:30 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by billr
I have an Active 7 Smart that I was using on an 1150GS. I now have an '06 LT with the VOICE II system. I understand I can't interface the two units so the Autocom helmet speakers/mic can't be plugged into the stingray plug. My dealer showed me a part 1326 in his Autocom catalog but had no info. I called Top Gear and they had no info either. Does anybody know what this part will do??

If an interface cable could be made by someone that connects the 6 pin VOICE II to the 7 pin Autocom they could make a ton of money, I bet.
Bill,
I'm in the process to have a GS too and I want to install one autocom on it. Also I need to use the same helmet on my 2002 LTE.
Would you mind to describe how is your instalation on the GS?
I have no clue where to install it.
Thank you

--------------------------------
Elton 'StrsOut' Marks '02 Silver-Member #337 (or 287?)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2002 LT - 62,394 miles as of 08/05/2007
2003 GS - 20,960 miles as of 07/11/2008
Loma Linda - CA
IBA#14,458 - AMA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 11 Old Oct 19th, 2006, 7:20 am

Hello;

Could be wrong here, but the Autocom 1326 adapter is to be a direct fit adapter for the onboard KLT radio to feed the radio audio output to the Autocom intercom unit. This adapter should work with all Autocom units, and is to be used by separating the large barrel plug (under the passenger seat - feeds audio signal to the speakers in the trunk box) and placing the adapter between the two sections of the plug. There should be a stereo harness and 3.5mm plug from the adapter that will then plug into the Autocom processing unit.

Don't think it is a 6 to 7, or 5 pin headset adapter........

Steve Collier
'05 KLT
post #8 of 11 Old Oct 19th, 2006, 9:33 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerStar
Hello;

Could be wrong here, but the Autocom 1326 adapter is to be a direct fit adapter for the onboard KLT radio to feed the radio audio output to the Autocom intercom unit. This adapter should work with all Autocom units, and is to be used by separating the large barrel plug (under the passenger seat - feeds audio signal to the speakers in the trunk box) and placing the adapter between the two sections of the plug. There should be a stereo harness and 3.5mm plug from the adapter that will then plug into the Autocom processing unit.

Don't think it is a 6 to 7, or 5 pin headset adapter........

Steve Collier
'05 KLT
Steve, you are not wrong here.

Loma Linda - CA
IBA#14,458 - AMA

post #9 of 11 Old Oct 19th, 2006, 11:45 am

I understand this part has been in development for some time.

I've already soldered the onboard stereo interface onto mine. No sweat.
post #10 of 11 Old Oct 20th, 2006, 4:05 pm Thread Starter

Garage
Autocom Part 1326

Elton, I had a 2000 1150GS and installed my Active 7 Smart under the riders seat using heavy duty velcro (or hook and loop stuff so I don't get sued by Velcro). I got power from one of the fuses that was hot only when engine was running and put the negative lead directly on the battery ground terminal. I ran the riders lead up just in front of the front seat and the pillion lead out under the back seat on the left. I used either a CB or FRS radio to talk to others, but not at the same time, hanging on the side of my tankbag where I also had an iPod in the bag. This system worked well, although the FRS had MUCH better range than the CB.

Hope this info helps.

Bill Reitz
Surf City, USA
post #11 of 11 Old Oct 20th, 2006, 4:10 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by billr
Elton, I had a 2000 1150GS and installed my Active 7 Smart under the riders seat using heavy duty velcro (or hook and loop stuff so I don't get sued by Velcro). I got power from one of the fuses that was hot only when engine was running and put the negative lead directly on the battery ground terminal. I ran the riders lead up just in front of the front seat and the pillion lead out under the back seat on the left. I used either a CB or FRS radio to talk to others, but not at the same time, hanging on the side of my tankbag where I also had an iPod in the bag. This system worked well, although the FRS had MUCH better range than the CB.

Hope this info helps.

Yes. It does help.
I still don't have a GS, but working hard on it. (Harder then I tought before...)

But since the post about Autocom, I talked with J&M and they have a new product, much less expensive then the original one, that will use the same cords and speakers/mic from the LT. It will represent a big savings and I will buy it.

Loma Linda - CA
IBA#14,458 - AMA

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in