Autocom part 1326?? - BMW Luxury Touring Community
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old Oct 17th, 2006, 11:29 pm Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
billr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Huntington Beach, CA, USA
Posts: 148
Garage
Autocom part 1326??

I have an Active 7 Smart that I was using on an 1150GS. I now have an '06 LT with the VOICE II system. I understand I can't interface the two units so the Autocom helmet speakers/mic can't be plugged into the stingray plug. My dealer showed me a part 1326 in his Autocom catalog but had no info. I called Top Gear and they had no info either. Does anybody know what this part will do??

If an interface cable could be made by someone that connects the 6 pin VOICE II to the 7 pin Autocom they could make a ton of money, I bet.

Bill Reitz
Surf City, USA
'06 Storm Gray Metallic LT
billr is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 Old Oct 17th, 2006, 11:46 pm
Senior Member
 
RSnyder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Reno, NV, USA
Posts: 164
I went to the Autocomamerica web site and could not find a listing for a 1326. Maybe he has and old catalog? Did his cat. have any type of description for the part?

http://www.autocomamerica.com/index.cfm

Rusty Snyder
RSnyder is offline  
post #3 of 11 Old Oct 17th, 2006, 11:57 pm
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 3
Have a look at page 10 of the catalogue at:

http://www.autocom.co.uk/pdf/Autocom_Brochure_06-06.pdf

Regards .... Ron
Ron0849 is offline  
 
post #4 of 11 Old Oct 18th, 2006, 6:37 pm Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
billr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Huntington Beach, CA, USA
Posts: 148
Garage
Part 1326

Thanks for the reply. You guys in other parts of the world get info sooooo much faster than the US. Now I"ve got to figure out if this part is retroactive to my Active 7 Smart or only usable with the NEW Autocom's.

Thanks again...........................

Bill Reitz
Surf City, USA
'06 Storm Gray Metallic LT
billr is offline  
post #5 of 11 Old Oct 18th, 2006, 11:02 pm
Senior Member
 
RSnyder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Reno, NV, USA
Posts: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron0849
Have a look at page 10 of the catalogue at:

http://www.autocom.co.uk/pdf/Autocom_Brochure_06-06.pdf

Regards .... Ron
Thanks for the update Ron. I guess that i was the one looking at the old cat.

Rusty Snyder
RSnyder is offline  
post #6 of 11 Old Oct 19th, 2006, 12:30 am
Senior Member
 
strsout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Loma Linda, CA, USA
Posts: 2,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by billr
I have an Active 7 Smart that I was using on an 1150GS. I now have an '06 LT with the VOICE II system. I understand I can't interface the two units so the Autocom helmet speakers/mic can't be plugged into the stingray plug. My dealer showed me a part 1326 in his Autocom catalog but had no info. I called Top Gear and they had no info either. Does anybody know what this part will do??

If an interface cable could be made by someone that connects the 6 pin VOICE II to the 7 pin Autocom they could make a ton of money, I bet.
Bill,
I'm in the process to have a GS too and I want to install one autocom on it. Also I need to use the same helmet on my 2002 LTE.
Would you mind to describe how is your instalation on the GS?
I have no clue where to install it.
Thank you

--------------------------------
Elton 'StrsOut' Marks '02 Silver-Member #337 (or 287?)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2002 LT - 62,394 miles as of 08/05/2007
2003 GS - 20,960 miles as of 07/11/2008
Loma Linda - CA
IBA#14,458 - AMA


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
strsout is offline  
post #7 of 11 Old Oct 19th, 2006, 7:20 am
Senior Member
 
HammerStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Mississauga, ON, Canada
Posts: 161
Hello;

Could be wrong here, but the Autocom 1326 adapter is to be a direct fit adapter for the onboard KLT radio to feed the radio audio output to the Autocom intercom unit. This adapter should work with all Autocom units, and is to be used by separating the large barrel plug (under the passenger seat - feeds audio signal to the speakers in the trunk box) and placing the adapter between the two sections of the plug. There should be a stereo harness and 3.5mm plug from the adapter that will then plug into the Autocom processing unit.

Don't think it is a 6 to 7, or 5 pin headset adapter........


Steve Collier
'05 KLT
HammerStar is offline  
post #8 of 11 Old Oct 19th, 2006, 9:33 am
Senior Member
 
strsout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Loma Linda, CA, USA
Posts: 2,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerStar
Hello;

Could be wrong here, but the Autocom 1326 adapter is to be a direct fit adapter for the onboard KLT radio to feed the radio audio output to the Autocom intercom unit. This adapter should work with all Autocom units, and is to be used by separating the large barrel plug (under the passenger seat - feeds audio signal to the speakers in the trunk box) and placing the adapter between the two sections of the plug. There should be a stereo harness and 3.5mm plug from the adapter that will then plug into the Autocom processing unit.

Don't think it is a 6 to 7, or 5 pin headset adapter........


Steve Collier
'05 KLT
Steve, you are not wrong here.

--------------------------------
Elton 'StrsOut' Marks '02 Silver-Member #337 (or 287?)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2002 LT - 62,394 miles as of 08/05/2007
2003 GS - 20,960 miles as of 07/11/2008
Loma Linda - CA
IBA#14,458 - AMA


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
strsout is offline  
post #9 of 11 Old Oct 19th, 2006, 11:45 am
Senior Member
 
wcarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Mauldin, SC, USA
Posts: 589
I understand this part has been in development for some time.

I've already soldered the onboard stereo interface onto mine. No sweat.
wcarter is offline  
post #10 of 11 Old Oct 20th, 2006, 4:05 pm Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
billr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Huntington Beach, CA, USA
Posts: 148
Garage
Autocom Part 1326

Elton, I had a 2000 1150GS and installed my Active 7 Smart under the riders seat using heavy duty velcro (or hook and loop stuff so I don't get sued by Velcro). I got power from one of the fuses that was hot only when engine was running and put the negative lead directly on the battery ground terminal. I ran the riders lead up just in front of the front seat and the pillion lead out under the back seat on the left. I used either a CB or FRS radio to talk to others, but not at the same time, hanging on the side of my tankbag where I also had an iPod in the bag. This system worked well, although the FRS had MUCH better range than the CB.

Hope this info helps.

Bill Reitz
Surf City, USA
'06 Storm Gray Metallic LT
billr is offline  
post #11 of 11 Old Oct 20th, 2006, 4:10 pm
Senior Member
 
strsout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Loma Linda, CA, USA
Posts: 2,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by billr
Elton, I had a 2000 1150GS and installed my Active 7 Smart under the riders seat using heavy duty velcro (or hook and loop stuff so I don't get sued by Velcro). I got power from one of the fuses that was hot only when engine was running and put the negative lead directly on the battery ground terminal. I ran the riders lead up just in front of the front seat and the pillion lead out under the back seat on the left. I used either a CB or FRS radio to talk to others, but not at the same time, hanging on the side of my tankbag where I also had an iPod in the bag. This system worked well, although the FRS had MUCH better range than the CB.

Hope this info helps.

Yes. It does help.
I still don't have a GS, but working hard on it. (Harder then I tought before...)

But since the post about Autocom, I talked with J&M and they have a new product, much less expensive then the original one, that will use the same cords and speakers/mic from the LT. It will represent a big savings and I will buy it.

--------------------------------
Elton 'StrsOut' Marks '02 Silver-Member #337 (or 287?)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2002 LT - 62,394 miles as of 08/05/2007
2003 GS - 20,960 miles as of 07/11/2008
Loma Linda - CA
IBA#14,458 - AMA


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
strsout is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Motorcycle Airbags Part of Safety Trend hagar Bike Talk 9 Sep 16th, 2006 1:38 am
Autocom Active Plus ? FredR Intercom, CB, & 2-Way Radios 2 Apr 19th, 2006 4:24 pm
Speedbleeder part# for a 2001 K1200LT cjgonzo1 K1200LT 7 Mar 8th, 2006 10:47 pm
ComSystem Owners Manual (Help); Part Numbers 1jusbill1 Intercom, CB, & 2-Way Radios 11 Mar 1st, 2006 7:55 pm
Autocom issues SteveHebert Intercom, CB, & 2-Way Radios 4 Nov 29th, 2005 2:38 pm

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome