VoiceII GPS audio in: Help please - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old Oct 23rd, 2005, 2:53 pm Thread Starter

VoiceII GPS audio in: Help please

My voiceII instlals done and it works great. I am waiting on the Y-cable which should be at my dealer next Tuesday.

I can't figure out how to route the GPS in. I have a Garmin Quest with audio out via a mini plug. I am not sure if the wires are located on the Y-adaptor.

I tried splicing into the two wire connector that the manual says is for the Navigator II but no luck.

Does anybody know how to get gps audio into the voice when using a gps other than the NavigatorII?

I also want the radar detector to go into the VoiceII and I assume I can just piggy back onto the gps in once I figure that out.

Thanks.

2018 R1200RT Mars Red
2017 R1200GS Rallye
2014 Husky FE501
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Oct 24th, 2005, 7:14 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammick
My voiceII instlals done and it works great. I am waiting on the Y-cable which should be at my dealer next Tuesday.

I can't figure out how to route the GPS in. I have a Garmin Quest with audio out via a mini plug. I am not sure if the wires are located on the Y-adaptor.

I tried splicing into the two wire connector that the manual says is for the Navigator II but no luck.

Does anybody know how to get gps audio into the voice when using a gps other than the NavigatorII?

I also want the radar detector to go into the VoiceII and I assume I can just piggy back onto the gps in once I figure that out.

Thanks.
It should work. I tapped into the same two wires for an input for my radar detector -- works fine. I haven't tried the audio out from my Garmin 2610 but I think it should work....audio is audio. Personally, I don't see the need to have another woman telling me where to turn or that I missed a turn. :>)

If you want both GPS and radar audio hooked-up to the same VOICE II input I would recommend using a passive mixer to protect both devices.

The Y-cable only supplies the speed signal for the VOICE II speed/volume control. The other unused plug supplies 12V power for the Navigator II. I tapped into it for power for my Garmin 2610 and my radar detector.

Bruce Hodges
Kansas City
post #3 of 3 Old Oct 24th, 2005, 7:36 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce2000ltc
It should work. I tapped into the same two wires for an input for my radar detector -- works fine. I haven't tried the audio out from my Garmin 2610 but I think it should work....audio is audio. Personally, I don't see the need to have another woman telling me where to turn or that I missed a turn. :>)

If you want both GPS and radar audio hooked-up to the same VOICE II input I would recommend using a passive mixer to protect both devices.

The Y-cable only supplies the speed signal for the VOICE II speed/volume control. The other unused plug supplies 12V power for the Navigator II. I tapped into it for power for my Garmin 2610 and my radar detector.

Bruce Hodges
Kansas City
Thanks Bruce. I rewired it with a stereo plug and it works. I either had the previous mono plug wired wrong, was using the rear headset socket or both.

Do you think if I just wired both gps and radar into the input that it would hurt something? I will look into the passive audio splitters.

2018 R1200RT Mars Red
2017 R1200GS Rallye
2014 Husky FE501

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in