Rear Lights LED Strip for top cases / boxes - Anyone interested? - BMW Luxury Touring Community
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By alexs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old Dec 30th, 2019, 7:04 pm Thread Starter

Garage
Rear Lights LED Strip for top cases / boxes - Anyone interested?

Hi Guys!

I've been working for a while on this, tested it for a year and now I'm thinking that there may be interested riders that would like to see this become a commercial kit product.

The prototype uses a programmable LED strip and micro-controller to create an additional rear lights set (turn signal, brakes) for a top case/box. In this form it's not really a product, but it could become a kit for any type of top case. While my LT has ample rear lights, I still see distracted drivers on the streets that are oblivious to motorcycle light signals. While I have no proof, the LED strip could help attract the attention of those texting while driving (I see so many of them, recently a young girl driving a child and keeping her head down to text while rolling at 50 mph in a curve).

I'm thinking that this may particularly help bikes like the GS when all cases are on and the rear-lights get somewhat obscured underneath.
In the future multi-segment lights and wire-tap-free versions are also possible.

If enough interest is shown, I may go for a small startup or something.

Please see attached photo and

Looking forward to your valued input!
Thanks!
Safe riding!

Alex
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20191229_164041 - Copy.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	866.2 KB
ID:	155427  
meese and Munmi like this.

"05 LT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in