BMW Motorrad Navigator II GPS Cradle - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old Jun 5th, 2006, 2:04 pm Thread Starter

BMW Motorrad Navigator II GPS Cradle

Can anyone tell me what units fit in the BMW Motorrad Navigator II Cradle?
Does the Street Pilot III?

Regards.
Mark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old Jun 5th, 2006, 3:07 pm

Red face Don't know if this will help or not...

The NavII is a rebadged 2610, so I know that fits. However, this doesn't mean that the SPIII does NOT fit. Because, although the 2610 and SPIII have different mounts, those mounts share the same mounting hole placements. Make any sense?
post #3 of 11 Old Jun 5th, 2006, 3:31 pm

Althought the 4 mounting holes to fit the cradle to the bike's mount of your choice are an industry standard size and spacing, The SPIII will not fit the cradle, I just tried. I believe the cradle you have will only take the 2610 and 2650 models, not sure about the 2700 series.

post #4 of 11 Old Jun 5th, 2006, 5:33 pm Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies, looks as though I will need to get a 2610 then.
post #5 of 11 Old Jun 5th, 2006, 5:37 pm

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_sat
FWIW, if I was to buy another GPS today, it would be another 2610.
post #6 of 11 Old Jun 5th, 2006, 6:04 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by messenger13
FWIW, if I was to buy another GPS today, it would be another 2610.
Unless someone specifically wants the XM functionality available in the 2730, I still recommend the 2610 over the 2720. Garmin has really dumbed down the user interface in the 2700 series units, but for me, the XM functionality over comes that burden. If it wasn't for XM, I'd be on the 2610.
post #7 of 11 Old Jun 5th, 2006, 6:19 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket_Cowboy
Unless someone specifically wants the XM functionality available in the 2730, I still recommend the 2610 over the 2720. Garmin has really dumbed down the user interface in the 2700 series units, but for me, the XM functionality over comes that burden. If it wasn't for XM, I'd be on the 2610.
...and don't forget the bargain you get with XM in that package - I don't know about the UK, but in the States, $3.99/month gets XM + Weather + Traffic + Data (stock quotes)...

Just XM was (I don't even remember anymore) $9.95/month?

In metro areas here (Chicago) the auto-routing that traffic data effects is surprisingly nice!

Yarko
'05 Dark Gray LT

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 11 Old Jun 5th, 2006, 6:58 pm

Um ... at least for me, basic XM (unless you paid for a year or more in advance) is $13.99 since they up'ed their prices last year. The weather/traffic info is another $3.99 on top of that. I've got three radios with basic XM, and then the weather/traffic info on 2730.

Is XM even available in the UK? I didn't think it was ... it's only recently been made available in Canada.
post #9 of 11 Old Jun 5th, 2006, 7:38 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket_Cowboy
Um ... at least for me, basic XM (unless you paid for a year or more in advance) is $13.99 since they up'ed their prices last year. The weather/traffic info is another $3.99 on top of that. I've got three radios with basic XM, and then the weather/traffic info on 2730.
When I activated for my 2730, I had to get a "live person" (automated system kept dropping out).

What I heard / got was $3.99 for Weather/traffic/data/XM because it's in an integrated device, and Garmin is an XM Partner. And she checked 3 times - yes, $9.99 (? or maybe it was $13.99) for JUST XM; $3.99 FOR ALL SERVICES if you get Weather AND XM and.... go figure!

I paid for the year. Be sure to ask about this - call them.

My experience was either a mistake that made me lucky (?), or you _all_ should be asking for the same deal.

Yarko
'05 Dark Gray LT

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 11 Old Jun 5th, 2006, 9:24 pm

You know I'll be calling them back!
post #11 of 11 Old Jun 7th, 2006, 6:46 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_sat
I don't think the extra button on the BMW Nav II cradle will work with the 2610. IIRC, Garmin made some firmware changes to the rebadged 2610 that allow the extra buttons to work only with the BMW version and not the standard 2610.

YMMV.

On His Ride,
Steve
-
KA5MTE
'02 LTE - Red-blooded Dragonfly
'00 Unigo - Dragon's Egg
'01 LTC - Flying Purple People Eater (Ya gotta be old enough to understand)(RIP)
'00 LTC - Canyon Red Rover (RIP)

Have you
bmwlt.com lately????

"To not know me is to lose nothing, to not know Him is to lose everything."

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in