2610/Nav II Problem - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old May 1st, 2006, 8:01 am Thread Starter

2610/Nav II Problem

Believe I have virtually the entire U.S. on the 2GB card in the unit. Getting ready to depart Nashville, wanted to punch in an address in Athens Ga as a destination. I tried to punch in "Athens" as the city (did not allow me to find it alphabetically; ran out of the appropriate letters), then Georgia as state, etc. It would not allow me to pull up any states except Kentucky and Tennessee.

I wound up just telling it to take me to Atlanta which it did fine (and showed all streets, etc along the route) but I cannot figure out why it will not allow me to access specific addresses outside of the 2 states. On the Toyota (Navtec) system on my daughter's 4 runner you have to switch regions first but on this unit I am lost.

Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old May 1st, 2006, 8:09 am

Dale,

Did you load the 2GB card yourself, or was it already that way? I have the Nav II (2610) and haven't had any problems I know of yet, but I usually setup and download waypoints using Mapsource unless on the fly. I'll check mine to see if Athens can be pulled up and get back to you.

Al Hennigan
'03 Anthracite LTE
'09 GS Adventure
Middle Tennessee
post #3 of 4 Old May 1st, 2006, 8:36 am Thread Starter

I bought the card new if that was the question. Inserted it into the unit and then loaded some routes and a very large highlighted map to the unit from the PC.

Thanks

post #4 of 4 Old May 1st, 2006, 9:20 am

It almost sounds like the map "detail" did not get pushed down to the unit. Bad memory card?? wrong kind?? The unit has basic mapping information in it without any memory card.

I would reload it again making sure your states are selected and listed in the table on the left in mapsource. When you push it down, make sure all the check boxes are enabled. It might take over an hour, but it should work fine.

I have a 2610 with a smaller memory card and load different regions/states when I travel almost every week with no problem

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in