Voice commands cutting out - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old Apr 25th, 2006, 2:14 pm Thread Starter

Question Voice commands cutting out

I just finished installing a Garmin 2610 on the BMR trivet and a Baehr intercom. All went well...except...the voice commands seem to cut out frequently. If I twist the connecter where the Garmin and Baehr wires connect, a standard 2.5 headphone jack, it comes back on. No visable cuts in the wire. Both wires are brand new. It could be a bad wire, but before I tear the whole thing apart again, any ideas on how to make a repair? I was thinking of something like electrical grease or some other chemical to make a better connection. I'm obviously not that savvy about these things. The intercom works fine in all other respects. Thanks for any advice.

Brian
Fanwood, NJ
2003 K1200LT Anthracite

"Explain it to me once more: WHY do I have to "Press 1 for English"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in