update spIII 276c 512mb data card - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old Apr 17th, 2006, 6:35 am Thread Starter

update spIII 276c 512mb data card

phew!~ the 512 works fine in the 276c wow that was wierd , anyhow it will not work in any way shape or form in the spIII

not downloading the maps through the serial cable on the SPIII to the 512 data card
not downloading the maps to the data card while in the 276c then putting the data card in the spIII.

The 512 will not load in the spIII any way

Good news though even maps loaded in the 276c on 256mb or smaller cards will work in the spIII so the SPIII is now mounted on the wifes RT, which means we can use the same equipment while traveling to do mapping or routing or whatever, we wont; need to carry extra card readers or what have you's on the trips. cool IMHO. make some routs on mine for part of the trip let her do hers for her part of the trips all will be fine (well hopefully <g>)

I get the 276c for now and 512mb of maps is a pretty large area. (Karen will get it later)

I chose not to go with a 376c for a couple reasons.

First cost, ok it was not much more money I know. but the cost of having the xm and radar weather was pricey, particulary since we already have a sirius setup if I wanted to add a sat radio I could do sirius for abotu 6 bucks a month more. so I could not justify spending 40+ bucks a month to have weather radar on the bike

Next i see the other models out like the 478 with preloaded detail maps on them, but at 1200 well compared to 700 with a three year no bs warranty on the 276c well that was a no brainer.

that said the 276c rocks, I like it. so untill prices come down on the fancier models like the 478 I think this will do just fine, now to wire it for sound on mybike, they don;t have a nice little female port for audio

Wow is it fast thought, about 3 second to do a route from here to melbourne!

Tom

Tom

'07 GS Adv (mine), '06 GS <(My brides)
(the only bmw's in the stable)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Apr 18th, 2006, 2:24 pm

Thanks Tom, I was going to lend my old SPIII to our office manager to take on a trip to Michigan and was going to load up a 512Mb card. Glad I didn't even waste my time looking for the cable to attach to the serial port. I'll just load up a 256 Mb for her trip and be done with it!

It's annoying though that Garmin hasn't updated Mapsource to include using the USB datacard reader.

John
Jacksonville, FL (USA)
post #3 of 3 Old Apr 18th, 2006, 7:51 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpalamaro
Thanks Tom, I was going to lend my old
No problem, it was a good excuse for me to buy a 276c anyhow <g>
Quote:

It's annoying though that Garmin hasn't updated Mapsource to include using the USB datacard reader.
wouldn't matter anyhow on the SPIII, it won;t load the 512 card anyhow. but i gave the ol college try

the 276c maps load faswt using the unit to load the maps anyhow

Tom

Tom

'07 GS Adv (mine), '06 GS <(My brides)
(the only bmw's in the stable)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in