Cutting off the plugs to NAV II? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old May 29th, 2013, 1:07 pm Thread Starter

Question Cutting off the plugs to NAV II?

The old navII is heading for the boneyard unless someone wants it (free).
My question: Why can't I cut off the plugs that plugged into the back of the NavII and rewire a cigarette receptacle to each one?
. If you can think of an easy alternative, please advise but using the existing wiring is my 1st choice.
I'm replacing with the 7" wide Magellan Roadmate 1700LM automotive type for better visability. Voice commands would be good but not necessary.

Thanks for helping out the "old man".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old May 29th, 2013, 4:31 pm

Talking Re: Cutting off the plugs to NAV II?

If no one else speaks up I'll take it off your hands Dick! PM me with any details such as shipping charges, etc.

John

John & Marilyn Fisher
'00 K1200LTC "Katie"
'95 Triumph "Tigger"
'12 Triumph 800XC "Tigger II" (RIP)
'12 Triumph 1200 Explorer "Shadow Tigger"
Hillsboro, Oregon

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 Old Jun 23rd, 2013, 8:39 am

Re: Cutting off the plugs to NAV II?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaFish
If no one else speaks up I'll take it off your hands Dick! PM me with any details such as shipping charges, etc.

John
Hi John,
I have a new to me NAV ll on a 05 LT I just purchased. I want to put my Sirius radio, and have Nav on my bike with a scala Q3 Blue tooth intercom will the NAV ll be capable to get this done? I have no idea right now what to do short of spending a grand to make this happen. I thought you may have some experience here thanks for any advice you can give. I'd like to use what I have if possible and onlt but the Scala Q 3
Thanks
Dan

post #4 of 4 Old Jun 23rd, 2013, 9:18 am

Wink Re: Cutting off the plugs to NAV II?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 138941
Hi John,
I have a new to me NAV ll on a 05 LT I just purchased. I want to put my Sirius radio, and have Nav on my bike with a scala Q3 Blue tooth intercom will the NAV ll be capable to get this done? I have no idea right now what to do short of spending a grand to make this happen. I thought you may have some experience here thanks for any advice you can give. I'd like to use what I have if possible and onlt but the Scala Q 3
Thanks
Dan
Hi Dan. I am by no means an expert on GPS, but the Nav II is simply a BMW badged Garmin StreetPilot 2610 and the manual shows a 2004 Copyright, so this was before Bluetooth had really caught on for Motorcycle Comms. I would tell you that you will need a wired Comm System to use the 2610, unless you can get a dongle connected that might connect to the Scala system. Just in case you don't have a manual for the GPS the Garmin 2610 Manual can be downloaded from the Web if you just Google it! Or I could email it to you, but the file is too large to attach here. Just PM me if this would help.
The biggest difference between it and the Nav II was the BMW Dealer info that was loaded onto the Nav II.

Perhaps other Nav II owners may chime in with suggestions as well?

Good Luck,
John

John & Marilyn Fisher
'00 K1200LTC "Katie"
'95 Triumph "Tigger"
'12 Triumph 800XC "Tigger II" (RIP)
'12 Triumph 1200 Explorer "Shadow Tigger"
Hillsboro, Oregon

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in