Tranferring Routes from Data Card on Zumo 655 - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old May 15th, 2013, 11:56 pm Thread Starter

Question Tranferring Routes from Data Card on Zumo 655

I just got the zumo 655llm.

I created a route using mapsource on my computer and copied the route to the micro sd card. I put the card into the 655.

How can I find the routes on the micro sd card so that I can navigate them or do I have to transfer the routes via the usb cable?

Thanks in advance.

Bob

"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security." - Declaration of Independence
<center>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old May 16th, 2013, 4:39 am

Garage
Re: Tranferring Routes from Data Card on Zumo 655

yeah you need to use the cable to transfer with map source, I don't have one like yours but you will find the card is for mp3's, photo's etc
someone else will give you the answer
Linton

Regards Linton
From the land of Kangaroo's and Koalas
and no koalas are not Bears

2002 K1200LT
2010 Suzuki GSX 1250FA (the Wifes)
2004 Cub Kamparoo Sprint
My Toys
1976 Datsun 260Z
1989 Nissan 300zx TT
post #3 of 6 Old May 16th, 2013, 8:30 am
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopaca
I just got the zumo 655llm.

I created a route using mapsource on my computer and copied the route to the micro sd card. I put the card into the 655.

How can I find the routes on the micro sd card so that I can navigate them or do I have to transfer the routes via the usb cable?

Thanks in advance.

Bob
I have the old 550, but I should think that the process is the same.

Using a USB cable is the best way if you don't know your way around file structures. However, you can do it the way that you are attempting. Now, you must export your route as a .gpx file. Next, copy that file to a folder on your expansion card. The folder has to be named GPX, and I believe (don't have my Zumo in here handy for reference) that it is a sub-directory of a main folder named Garmin. In any case, if you have done this right, when you turn on your Zumo, it well "see" the file and prompt you to see if you want to import the "new" waypoints or routes. It's easy from here on.

The important thing is that you must have the right directory structure for the Zumo to "see" your file.

Pad. Gajajiva
Solon, OH, USA

2015 R1200RT (San Marino Blue Met.)
2014 R1200RT (Quartz Metallic Blue - Returned to BMW)
2007 R1200RT (Sold!)

Once Upon a Time........
1963 Norton Dominator 650 SS
1960 Triumph Bonneville (T120)
1960 Triumph Thunderbird (6T)
1952 Triumph Thunderbird (6T)
1932 Triumph 500
1952 BSA Goldstar

post #4 of 6 Old May 16th, 2013, 8:34 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by PadG
I have the old 550, but I should think that the process is the same.

Using a USB cable is the best way if you don't know your way around file structures. However, you can do it the way that you are attempting. Now, you must export your route as a .gpx file. Next, copy that file to a folder on your expansion card. The folder has to be named GPX, and I believe (don't have my Zumo in here handy for reference) that it is a sub-directory of a main folder named Garmin. In any case, if you have done this right, when you turn on your Zumo, it well "see" the file and prompt you to see if you want to import the "new" waypoints or routes. It's easy from here on.

The important thing is that you must have the right directory structure for the Zumo to "see" your file.
Right...put the gpx file(s) in a folder named Garmin/GPX on the SD card.
post #5 of 6 Old May 16th, 2013, 9:35 am Thread Starter

Thumbs up Thanks so much!

Thanks to all for the advice and the respones. I appreciate it.

"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security." - Declaration of Independence
<center>
post #6 of 6 Old May 16th, 2013, 9:55 pm

The 665 might tell you it found new data and ask if you want to import it (when you save it onto the memory chip).

While importing it , it tells you the progress up to 100%. Then, you will find your route in a custom route.

I use mapquest--gave up trying to figure out Base-Camp and whatever mapping program that 665s use to come with.

Once in a while i'll use Bing to establish the route and then use the routing points to make the route in mapquest.

bob

"He was a foul caricature of himself, a man with no soul, no inner convictions, with the integrity of a hyena, and the style of a poison toad." H. S. Thompson

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in