Question about Garmin 665LM - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old May 7th, 2013, 4:31 pm Thread Starter
SEG

Question about Garmin 665LM

Can a Garmin 665LM be hard wired (no bluetooth) and integrated into a BMW communications II system? I have a '09 LT with a Motorrad Navigator III GPS and will buy the 665 if it can be used with my BMW comms and J&M hard wired audio for the rider/passenger. I am interested in the 665 because I want satellite radio. I'm looking to use the hard wired audio through the J&M system for the helmets so I won't be using bluetooth. I hope I've explained this correctly; I'm tech challenged so if there is someone who knows this issue well, has 10 minutes free, please send me a PM and I'd appreciate covering all this in a phone conversation. Thank you!
Scott

- 2009 LT
- BMW MOA #92950
- BMW RA #41621
- IBA #35299
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old May 7th, 2013, 4:55 pm

Re: Question about Garmin 665LM

Mine is hooked through the aux port on the front of the voice 2. Just make sure you use a 90 degree plug so it clears the cover.

Why am I here and what day is it??
post #3 of 4 Old May 7th, 2013, 6:37 pm Thread Starter
SEG

Regarding the above posting, did you replace a Nav III with the 665 and if so, were you able to place the 665 in the cradle that held the Nav III? Also, if you're using the 665 for Sirius-XM, are you using an FM transmitter? BTW: What comm system do you have on the LT?

Scott

- 2009 LT
- BMW MOA #92950
- BMW RA #41621
- IBA #35299

post #4 of 4 Old May 7th, 2013, 8:43 pm

I got my bike new and it did not have a nav unit on it. I put the cradle for the 665 right on the mount and had the dealer wire it in. To the best of my knowledge the 665 will not fit the cradle for the Nav III.

I am using the XM radio in the 665 and it is hardwired right in to the aux port on the front of the Voice II unit in the radio compartment on the bike.

The comm unit is the Voice II unit and the helmets are wired to the bike. Tried wireless before and just like the sound better this way. And no batteries to charge up at the end of the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEG
Regarding the above posting, did you replace a Nav III with the 665 and if so, were you able to place the 665 in the cradle that held the Nav III? Also, if you're using the 665 for Sirius-XM, are you using an FM transmitter? BTW: What comm system do you have on the LT?

Scott

Why am I here and what day is it??

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in