Garmin 10% Discount on Maps - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old Feb 12th, 2013, 7:41 am Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporter

Garmin 10% Discount on Maps

Just thought I would share this with everyone.

Yesterday I was thinking about purchasing a Map update for a streetpilot. (Nav II/III) So I created an account on the Garmin web site and browsed to the link to order the Map update. Since I was really only looking to see what the price would be ( $49 ) I decided not to buy it at that time.

Surprise, today I get an email from Garmin saying they noticed I did not complete my purchase. The email had a 10% off coupon for Maps or accessories good until March 31st.

So if you want/need new maps, drill into the order process but don't pull the trigger, you might get an offer the next day.

John Baker

2005 BMW K1200LT
1979 Suzuki GS1000E
1978 Honda CB350
1975 Suzuki GT380
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old Feb 12th, 2013, 1:18 pm

Re: Garmin 10% Discount on Maps

With new units coming down in price, and Google Maps being FREE ... they better do better than 10%.

- Joe
post #3 of 7 Old Feb 12th, 2013, 6:25 pm Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by messenger13_ver2
With new units coming down in price, and Google Maps being FREE ... they better do better than 10%.
Joe,

Is there a way to load google maps on a Garmin, never heard of that.

John Baker

2005 BMW K1200LT
1979 Suzuki GS1000E
1978 Honda CB350
1975 Suzuki GT380

post #4 of 7 Old Feb 13th, 2013, 7:00 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbaker15
Joe,

Is there a way to load google maps on a Garmin, never heard of that.
no, Joe is saying there is an alternative to Garmin GPS hardware and Garmin maps. If Garmin is to survive they need to offer less costly units and maps or a better service.

Just Go
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mike
Cleveland Ohio
2014 K1600 GTL Grey Wolf.
post #5 of 7 Old Feb 13th, 2013, 7:26 am Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwnahas
no, Joe is saying there is an alternative to Garmin GPS hardware and Garmin maps. If Garmin is to survive they need to offer less costly units and maps or a better service.
+1 on that Michael..

BTW; I got a second 10% discount offer. I don't know if it is somehow tied to my Garmin Id but I have no use for two. It's good until March 31st so if someone needs a code it free for the asking.

John Baker

2005 BMW K1200LT
1979 Suzuki GS1000E
1978 Honda CB350
1975 Suzuki GT380
post #6 of 7 Old Feb 13th, 2013, 10:50 am
Lifetime Supporter

Just purchased a refurb from Tiger Direct (as all of my GPS's have been) and got FREE LIFETIME MAPS.

I often travel to Toronto and Montreal on business and need the NA group.

After receiving the package I down-loaded the updates and away I go or went or . . .

Before I would have to purchase updates (which I didn't) because the cost of new maps were more or equal to a refurb'd GPS.

The units always look new and and were probably returned because granny couldn't figure out how to use them.

Use it on the bike as well with a shower cap and pony tail elastic if it starts to sputter.

1 G145-0408 RB Garmin 1350LMT Nuvi GPS - 4.3" Touch Screen Display, Lifetime Traffic, Lifetime Maps, Voice Prompts, Lane Assist, ecoRoute, North American Maps (Refurbished)
MPN: 010-00782-2E

INVOICED TOTAL
Net Product: $99.99
Sales Tax: $.00
Shipping & Handling: $3.80
Total Shipment: $103.79

The lane assist is really great when in unfamiliar locations with tres beaucoup traffic.

pm
--
Life is too short to do anything
other than that about which you
are absolutely passionate . . .
Ride till you can't!

"Der Weg ist das Ziel"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2011 South Africa

2014 The Dolomites of Italy, Alps of Switzerland & Austria and returning to Milan via the "Gold Coast" of the French Riveria.

2016 Spain & Portugal

2018 Central & Eastern Europe: Slovenia, Austria, Poland,Hungary, Czech Republic & Slovakia!

'18 R1200RTW
'00 K1200LTC (Dealer is taking on consignment!)
'90 K75-Sold to a new BMW owner (2016)
'62 R 50/2 (Rode hard and put away wet)-Sold in '81
'63 Vespa 150 (1st and only dirt bike!)
Sold in '67

post #7 of 7 Old Feb 14th, 2013, 10:56 am

Some times, most often? refurb units function perfectly and look as if they are brand new, at least the three refurb 665s I got from Garmin did. Unfortunately all three of them did NOT function properly. The problems didn't surface until the units were used for a while, the last unit worked fine until I went above 50mph at which point the blue tooth to my headphones stopped.

During last December I bought a refurb Garmin auto unit with life time maps. Everything seems to work fine except it seems as if it needs a new battery since it does not seem to run on battery for more than 45-60 minuted.

I've always wondered if there is a way to transfer a map from one Zumo to another?

Best from Tucson
Bob

"He was a foul caricature of himself, a man with no soul, no inner convictions, with the integrity of a hyena, and the style of a poison toad." H. S. Thompson

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in