Anyone use the Garmin 2595LMT? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old Dec 9th, 2012, 12:28 pm Thread Starter

Anyone use the Garmin 2595LMT?

This unit seems to have all that I would need and is only $199. Anyone here use one on an RT? I have a 2009 R1200RT and it already has the accessory plug for a GPS already taped near the steering column under the dash. I also have purchased this plug's mating end and I think I can just cut the power supply cable that should come with the gps so that power from the bike could be obtained. What do you think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old Dec 9th, 2012, 12:47 pm

Re: Anyone use the Garmin 2595LMT?

It's not very helpful, but here's a thread on it from earlier this year:
http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66389

Dave

2000 BMW 1200LT
1989 PC 800
2005 Suzuki Bergman (sold to buy 1200LT)
1974 Honda 360CL (didn't move out of California with me)
post #3 of 5 Old Dec 11th, 2012, 10:05 pm

Before i got the RT i had a F800ST. Seems like i mounted the 2795 which is the 5" screen. Worked just fine although never tested in rain and only had the bike for a few months. I wouldn't consider this an adequate test but it did work for my purposes. Got the mount from GPS City and the power plug from the local BMW dealer. Pretty sure it was make by Powerlet with the 5v reduction. I recall spending around $450 total and in the end i didnt feel i saved enough money relative to the sacrifices in features. When i got the RT i went for the Nav IV and i'm happy with the results. For some the Nuvi's is all thats needed and meets expectations. Far as i can tell the core software and maps are the same on all units. Its possible the Zumo's can do more but like much software, those features are mostly beyond my tech skill levels anyway. I now use the Nuvi in my car and loan to my kids when they travel.

Larry

post #4 of 5 Old Jan 17th, 2013, 7:15 am

I don't think Garmin will ever create a device with this function set, although the new innovative and reputation sequence are a phase in the right route.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 5 Old Jan 17th, 2013, 7:14 pm

While looking through a site in China that is in English at cell phones I saw a water proof container that is claimed to allow full usage of touch screens,

Right now I'm using an auto GPS; doesn't rain much here. There are quite a few auto GPS with feature sets that I like either not available in their mobile units, or much less expensive than the waterproof units.

Some times I think that the trick is to have two cheap auto units with different features in each unit? I like mounting the GPS on the left hand side for city driving, not blocking an view of cagers entering on the right, and in the right for interstate travel so that the lane assist information is on the side of the road where I'll be looking.

Bob

"He was a foul caricature of himself, a man with no soul, no inner convictions, with the integrity of a hyena, and the style of a poison toad." H. S. Thompson

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in