Zumo 660 - Can the front screen be changer? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old Aug 10th, 2012, 5:48 am Thread Starter

Zumo 660 - Can the front screen be changer?

My normal front page shows the time in the upper right corner. Is there a way to place something else there? The time is also on the bike and another function would be helpful. Seems like I've misplaced the manual!

Dano
Tampa, Fl.

12 K1600 GTL
02 K1200 LT (gone but not forgotten)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old Aug 10th, 2012, 8:00 am
Lifetime Supporter

Re: Zumo 660 - Can the front screen be changer?

Dan,
Garmin has a download PDF for your Zumo, here

John Baker

2005 BMW K1200LT
1979 Suzuki GS1000E
1978 Honda CB350
1975 Suzuki GT380
post #3 of 9 Old Aug 10th, 2012, 11:44 am

Touch the time window on the screen. This should bring you to a menu screen showing the various info that you can have on the main screen. You can only have two. There should be two items with green check marks. If you touch another item, such as elevation, that plus your other choice should be visible when you return to the main screen. If this doesn't help, please make a generous donation to the Old Farts With Fading Memory Association.

Take care,
Chris

"Peculiar travel suggestions are dancing lessons from God" Kurt Vonnegut

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 9 Old Aug 10th, 2012, 12:56 pm Thread Starter

Thanks - Now I'll have to decide what I want there... I was thinking elevation, but around here it's rarely 100' or more. Might be interesting to watch on the trip up north in a few weeks.

Dano
Tampa, Fl.

12 K1600 GTL
post #5 of 9 Old Aug 10th, 2012, 1:21 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Garage

Hi -

I'm certainly a member of the OFWFMA, but my Zumo won't do that.

On the right hand side you can have four little windows and they, as Tracus says, are selected by poking at the window in the trip computer screen that has the data you want. The unit seems to remember what data you want to have when you are in non-route-following mode and what data you want when you are following a route.

Tracus says you get two windows, and he is correct. However, if you go to Tool>Settings>Map>Map Data Layout and select More Data View, you can have four little windows.

When I'm not routing, my selections are Total Time, Odometer, Elevation, and Speed.

When I am routing they are Elevation, Via Arival Time, Via Distance, and Speed.

As to the clock that shows on the map screen, I cannot change it. The clock on the main screen can be changed to 12hr, 24hr, and UTC.

Tom

12R12RT
08KLR685 - RIP
09KLR650

Last edited by 12R12RT; Aug 10th, 2012 at 1:33 pm.
post #6 of 9 Old Aug 10th, 2012, 1:32 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanDiver
Thanks - Now I'll have to decide what I want there... I was thinking elevation, but around here it's rarely 100' or more. Might be interesting to watch on the trip up north in a few weeks.
You never know you might creep up on one of those Garbage land fills and find yourself a couple of hundred feet higher.

2012 R1200RT
1985 T5 Vespa
2007 Piaggio X9 500 EVO
post #7 of 9 Old Aug 10th, 2012, 2:21 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12R12RT
Hi -

I'm certainly a member of the OFWFMA, but my Zumo won't do that.

On the right hand side you can have four little windows and they, as Tracus says, are selected by poking at the window in the trip computer screen that has the data you want. The unit seems to remember what data you want to have when you are in non-route-following mode and what data you want when you are following a route.

Tracus says you get two windows, and he is correct. However, if you go to Tool>Settings>Map>Map Data Layout and select More Data View, you can have four little windows.

When I'm not routing, my selections are Total Time, Odometer, Elevation, and Speed.

When I am routing they are Elevation, Via Arival Time, Via Distance, and Speed.

As to the clock that shows on the map screen, I cannot change it. The clock on the main screen can be changed to 12hr, 24hr, and UTC.

Tom

Thanks Tom,

What you said was what I wanted to do. Guess that I can't! I haven't tried yet.....

Dano
Tampa, Fl.

12 K1600 GTL
post #8 of 9 Old Aug 10th, 2012, 9:03 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12R12RT
Hi -
Tom
Good lord! I can have four little windows? Never knew that. Now I have to decide which two to add. I've always used current speed and elevation. (No offense to Dan, but I believe the highest point in FL is Space Mountain at Disney World.)

I like the ETA function. Hmmm... is there a "Distance to Starbucks function? DTS?)

Thanks for the input.

Take care,
Chris

"Peculiar travel suggestions are dancing lessons from God" Kurt Vonnegut

post #9 of 9 Old Aug 11th, 2012, 5:27 am Thread Starter

One of the highest points in Florida is a ridge between Zephyryhills and Dade City along Highway 301. About 320' I used to have to drive up there in the old two-way radio days to talk back to Tampa. My ears would pop from the change in elevation.

Dano
Tampa, Fl.

12 K1600 GTL

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in