blue tooth - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old May 30th, 2012, 12:51 pm Thread Starter

blue tooth

I have a 2006 LT with a Nav III on it. I have paired my cell to the Nav III and would like to use it though the system on the bike instead of a blue tooth head set. I am not sure if this will even work or not but right after I got it paired up, I got a call. I was able to hear them but not able to talk to them. When I try to place a call using the Nav III, it tells me to pair up a head set. Help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old May 30th, 2012, 7:21 pm

Re: blue tooth

Don't waste your time. My dealer also told me it should work. After persisting for 2 months I got with Garmin tech support (also a rider with a GPS) who knew the answer right away;
You need a Nolan or some other bluetooth type helmet or do the work-around as others have posted.
Motorola HF820 BT speaker with a 2.5 mm male x male adapter pluged into it and the Voice II cell phone input.
Pair the Nav III with the phone. Pair the HF820 w/the Nav III but NOT with the phone (or at least keep it disabled from the phone). Set the volume on the HF820 up. It will work, I can hear great BUT my voice out to the caller is garbled. BTW, even if I can't talk out I like knowing who is calling in (the Nav III displays who is calling) and I can decide if it is required for me to pull over and make a call.
Family code= three call in a row by same caller = emergency
I now plug my phone innto the voice ll cell phone input, disable the bluetooth, and set to auto answer if I need my phone while riding.

2013 BMW Damask Red K1600GTL
2014 BMW K1600GTL-E EXCLUSIVE
2001 Honda C-250 Helix
SOLD 2006 BMW K-1200LT "The Manatee"

Smokin'

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in