Just got the Quest - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old Mar 18th, 2006, 10:13 am Thread Starter

Thumbs up Just got the Quest

GPSDiscount has the Quest refurb for only $299. It said newly refurbished. What can I say it came in excellent condition. Color Sceen is easy to read. It's not a touch screen, so I won't worry about finger prints or the glove wearing away the screen coating. I also like the built in power so its truly portable. I've tried it on a short trip, and even walking around. The down side is it only has 115meg ram so you can't put all the maps in, but it holds enough to plot a trip to Phoenix and to back to Cleveland and then some. Or it can hold an approximate square from Detroit Mi to Buffalo (not including Lake Erie) to down to Lexington Ky to Luary Va. Should be enough for Day and weekend trips to keep loaded or load up the routes adjacent to your route for about a week. I didn't care for plotting on City Select probably because I like Streets and Trips. I can plan it on Streets and Trips, and just load waypoint on City Select and have it replot the course, that seemed to work ok. I know its not a SP2610, but this works out fine for me.

Just Go
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mike
Cleveland Ohio
2014 K1600 GTL Grey Wolf.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in