BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

Latest software says: "stop" at the end of each command

3K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  mwnahas 
#1 ·
Before I get on hold with Garmin for another 30 minutes, has anyone resolved this issue?

#3 ·
mwnahas said:
what do you mean? what software, what commands?
Now Michael. You should have said What do you mean, stop? what software, stop? what commands, stop?
Sorry Dano, I could not resist. I never heard anything like that before. I am sure that the GPS may just have to be reflashed or reprogrammed, stop.
Mike T.

#6 ·
Exactly...

I upgraded to the latest version ending in .30 and after every command, she says STOP. It is really odd. Jim suggested changing the voice, but the only options are different languages. Guess I'll give Garmin a call tomorrow.

#7 ·
DanDiver said:
Exactly...

I upgraded to the latest version ending in .30 and after every command, she says STOP. It is really odd. Jim suggested changing the voice, but the only options are different languages. Guess I'll give Garmin a call tomorrow.

I had the same problem. I think there was a discussion on Zumo forums suggesting using a previous voice backed up. I thought she was saying "Dot!" I just changed to Karen from Australia. She pronounces Tucson street names funny as a bonus.

Dale

#10 ·
I finally got through to Garmin and there is a problem with the software when "Jill" is the voice. As was suggested above, by switching to "Jack's" voice, the STOP command at the end of each voice prompt, stops.

They said that at the next software upgrade, the problem should go away. STOP

#11 ·
DanDiver said:
I finally got through to Garmin and there is a problem with the software when "Jill" is the voice. As was suggested above, by switching to "Jack's" voice, the STOP command at the end of each voice prompt, stops.

They said that at the next software upgrade, the problem should go away. STOP
That's really funny, talked to the Garmin folks at CES, (one of the big bosses was there) They weren't aware of any problems with the latest release. Told them that folks on this forum, myself included are experiencing this issue.

#12 ·
brasters said:
That's really funny, talked to the Garmin folks at CES, (one of the big bosses was there) They weren't aware of any problems with the latest release. Told them that folks on this forum, myself included are experiencing this issue.
I'm beginning to think the big bosses at Garmin aren't aware of much. Mapsource has lately decided my 2720 is no longer registered to the maps it came with. !?!? FAQ's and tech support are no help.

#13 ·
jkersh1 said:
I'm beginning to think the big bosses at Garmin aren't aware of much. Mapsource has lately decided my 2720 is no longer registered to the maps it came with. !?!? FAQ's and tech support are no help.
That happened to my 2820 after a firmware update once. I was able to delete the maps only by connecting in USB mode (looks like a storage device on the computer) and deleting the map file, then I was able to load and register map files again. I don't know how you would do that on a 2720.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.