Bought 09 with Nav IV, Mapsource? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old Jul 31st, 2011, 1:58 pm Thread Starter

Bought 09 with Nav IV, Mapsource?

Hello everyone,

I just bought a 2009 LT which included the Navy IV. This was a consignment bike and I didn't get any of the manuals or discs for the Navy IV. Was this supposed to include Navy? I think Navy is a trip planning tool for the PC. Is that correct? I have been using Tyre for my older Nevi 500, and have been happy. Is it worth it to try to track down Nevi, or is it available from Carman.

Thanks,

Dale White

"The shortest distance between two points is often unbearable."
Charles Bukowski
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old Aug 1st, 2011, 10:15 am

Re: Bought 09 with Nav IV, Mapsource?

You need to go to the Garmin website and pick a mapping software package and all the additional programs. You can use BaseCamp or Mapsource on a Windows PC but for a Mac you should use BasCamp or RoadTrip. You can download BaseCamp from the App Store if you are on a Mac and get everything. You will also need to have the MapInstaller and GPS updater programs also.

Good luck there is a learning curve. Not steep one, but nevertheless, it will still take some time. Fortunately there is usually lots of help here or at Zumoforums.com

Jack D. (Southern Connecticut)
2001 Black LTC
2015 Blue R1200GSA
post #3 of 5 Old Aug 1st, 2011, 11:18 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackd
You need to go to the Garmin website and pick a mapping software package and all the additional programs. You can use BaseCamp or Mapsource on a Windows PC but for a Mac you should use BasCamp or RoadTrip. You can download BaseCamp from the App Store if you are on a Mac and get everything. You will also need to have the MapInstaller and GPS updater programs also.

Good luck there is a learning curve. Not steep one, but nevertheless, it will still take some time. Fortunately there is usually lots of help here or at Zumoforums.com
Thanks, It seems like I can't download any mapping software for PC unless I already have mapping software, I guess I need the original discs. I would like to try Mapsource.

Holy crap, that doesn't look like what I thought I wrote yesterday! Navy IV should have been Nav IV, Navy should have been Mapsource, and Nevi should have been Nuvi. I think I spell checked my self into barely understandable. Thanks for wading through that.

Dale

"The shortest distance between two points is often unbearable."
Charles Bukowski

post #4 of 5 Old Aug 2nd, 2011, 9:27 pm

You can contact Garmin and they can send you the original disk software again and the original codes for your GPS.

Jack D. (Southern Connecticut)
2001 Black LTC
2015 Blue R1200GSA
post #5 of 5 Old Aug 5th, 2011, 8:36 pm

Garage

Is it just me???
I too have a new LT original owner. And I have read in a couple of the manuals well here is the exact quote:
Should you want to sell your BMW one day, please remember to include all relevant operating instructions; they are a legal part of your motorcycle.

That comes under General Information So why are we having so many missing necessities. When I worked my supervisor had a saying "lost tools or I left it at home is no excuse, a policeman can't start his day if he lost his gun or forgot it at home".
Isn't there a compartment in the LT trunk for secure materials. I'm just saying
ride safe

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in