C3 SRC iPhone and Zumo - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old May 19th, 2011, 8:33 pm Thread Starter

C3 SRC iPhone and Zumo

OK, I liked the fit of the C3 and I have an iPhone 4 so the SRC was the logical choice. I also have a Zumo 550. So I am trying to get them all to play together. It is challanging to say the least.

Either will work with either and I can have them all connected and the iPhone steaming audio but as soon as the Zumo wants to say something all audio stops and will not restart. I'm thinking I have a software issue but I can't seem to come to grips with the fact that I may have just a sequence of who and what is paired with what.

If anyone uses an iPhone and C3 SRC with a Zumo 550...
  1. Does it work as advertised?
  2. Does the streaming audio from the iPhone get interupted by audio from the Zumo?
  3. Does it go back to streaming audio?
  4. what is paired with what?
  5. what is the sequence you used to pair?
  6. did you pair everything and leave it paired while you continued to pair?

I am going to the Zumo forums to see if there is anything there also. But it would be noce to know if someone has this working.

Jack D. (Southern Connecticut)
2001 Black LTC
2015 Blue R1200GSA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old May 24th, 2011, 10:53 am

Re: C3 SRC iPhone and Zumo

the zumo 550 does not support A2dp stereo bluetooth protocols, It is mono only when playing music (xm, mp3 from the zumo) I do not think it will work properly the way you are trying to use it. I would try pairing the iphone to the C3 bluetooth so it can stream stereo music, the i phone itself will mute the audio when the phone is used as a phone.

Then pair the zumo 550 to the C3 as a gps only......It might work correctly that way but you will not be able to use the zumo to answer and make phone calls. Kieth

If you pair the iphone as a phone only to the zumo you will get control of the phone on your zumo screen, Use the zumo for your music source and then pair the zumo to your C3 as a headset. It will still not be stereo but it should work..
post #3 of 11 Old May 24th, 2011, 11:35 am

I had the same problem with a Sena,550 & droid. sold the 550 and upgraded to 665 and all works great .

2010 R1200RT
BMW MOA 156712

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 11 Old May 24th, 2011, 1:45 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieth
I would try pairing the iphone to the C3 bluetooth so it can stream stereo music, the i phone itself will mute the audio when the phone is used as a phone.

Then pair the zumo 550 to the C3 as a gps only......It might work correctly that way but you will not be able to use the zumo to answer and make phone calls. Kieth

If you pair the iphone as a phone only to the zumo you will get control of the phone on your zumo screen, Use the zumo for your music source and then pair the zumo to your C3 as a headset. It will still not be stereo but it should work..
I tried doing that pairing the Zumo with the SRCs and the iPhone with the SRCs and I can get everything paired but the first voice or tone from the Zumo crashes the iPhone connection. Sometimes is restores after 10 seconds of silence and sometimes it goes not connected. The latest software for the SRCs 3.0 allows an additional A2DP channel but I need that type connection from the Zumo, of course not supported.

When I look at the bluetooth settings and choose phone only I assumed that navigation only went out by the 3.5MM output jack. I have not tried a phone only BT connection.

The directions indicate that the iPhone should be paired to the Zumo first and when I do that and then pair the SRCs to the iPhone I don't get nav over the iPhone. Seems like it should work that way but obviously it doesn't for me.

Seemed like what I read here and other reports the Zumo 550 worked with the SRCs/Q4 setup but it appears the devil is in the details. I am impressed with the sound quality from the iPhone and I will remain on that channel.

I also need to initiate a SRCs connection when I power it on and it doesn't seem to sync with the iPhone. Do you have this equipment or other equipment?

I'm looking at getting a Sony BT adapter for the Zumo 3.5MM output. That supports A2DP and 10 type other connections so that is an alternate if I can't find someone that has this working natively.

2001 Black LTC
2015 Blue R1200GSA
post #5 of 11 Old May 24th, 2011, 1:51 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToJo
I had the same problem with a Sena,550 & droid. sold the 550 and upgraded to 665 and all works great .
I'm trying to get this to work this year on the 550 because if I like the GTL, after I ride it, I might be looking next year to upgrade and the nav that come with the factory options will allow this all to work the way I want.

For me selling the 550 involves also selling my Touratech lockable mount and together that places the 550 pretty high and difficult to sell.

What did you get for the 550?

2001 Black LTC
2015 Blue R1200GSA
post #6 of 11 Old May 24th, 2011, 4:29 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackd
I'm trying to get this to work this year on the 550 because if I like the GTL, after I ride it, I might be looking next year to upgrade and the nav that come with the factory options will allow this all to work the way I want.

For me selling the 550 involves also selling my Touratech lockable mount and together that places the 550 pretty high and difficult to sell.

What did you get for the 550?
I sold it on ebay, $456.00 and I had the BMW version.So it came with no car cradle.

2010 R1200RT
BMW MOA 156712

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 11 Old May 25th, 2011, 9:32 am Thread Starter

Quote:
I sold it on ebay, $456.00 and I had the BMW version.So it came with no car cradle.
Wow, thanks for the reply ... that was a pretty hefty price, I paid in the $550 originally but it wasn't a BMW version which would demand a premium for someone that had the setup or a failed unit.

2001 Black LTC
2015 Blue R1200GSA
post #8 of 11 Old May 25th, 2011, 4:51 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackd
Wow, thanks for the reply ... that was a pretty hefty price, I paid in the $550 originally but it wasn't a BMW version which would demand a premium for someone that had the setup or a failed unit.
That seems to be the going price for them on there 450-500. What made me decide to do it was I saw a unit (regular version) sell at $520. So I said what the heck.Started the bid @250.

2010 R1200RT
BMW MOA 156712

post #9 of 11 Old May 26th, 2011, 10:36 am

Quote:
So if I understand correctly, you have paired your Sena & phone to the 665? If that is the case are you able to listen to music from the 665, receive GPS instructions & take a call seamlessley?

Regards & Ride Safe!

Bruce
'09 Black LT
4-Wheels moves the body, 2-wheels moves the soul.
IBA # 8547
post #10 of 11 Old May 26th, 2011, 12:59 pm

Thats correct, You can set the priority how you want..The 665 even imports you phone book.

2010 R1200RT
BMW MOA 156712

post #11 of 11 Old May 26th, 2011, 2:34 pm

Thanks, sounds like a 665 is the answer.

Regards & Ride Safe!

Bruce
'09 Black LT
4-Wheels moves the body, 2-wheels moves the soul.
IBA # 8547

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in