Anyone use a Zumo 220? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old Mar 14th, 2011, 7:00 am Thread Starter

Anyone use a Zumo 220?

Looking for a review maybe some guidance. The 220 doesn't seem to be a very popular model, or at least there are very few reviews on it. My gear at present inlcudes a Nolan 103N-com bluetooth helmet paired with a Blackberry Storm. This gives me wireless phone and mp3 capability. I narrowed my GPS search down to the Zumo 220 for price and because I don't need a mp3 player.

I've been all over the Garmin site, Nolan's N-com site and various other sites. What little info I've come across seems to indicate that unlike it's bigger brothers the 220 does not allow for the cell to be paired through it therefore the headset in use would have to accomodate both the GPS & the cell of choice. I did run across one owner's review that I believe was using a Scala(sp?) heaset. He learned that his headset would not accomodate the 220 and his cell both fighting for the channel.

I thought I would just hook up my BB storm via wired route and solve the problem but apparently it was excluded from the n-com compatability list. So everywhere I turn I run into compatability issues.

Ironically the Zumo 220 spec for spec seems identical to the Nuvi 550 except it has Bluetooth and lane guidance and a price tag of about $380 currently whereas the nuvi 550 is around $240.

I think I've pretty much decided to eliminate the whole hassle and just get the Nuvi 550, but I've got a lot of experience saying "man I wish I had spent the extra money and got the..."

Just looking too see if anyone is using the 220 and has any real world advice before I commit.

Thanks

Ohhh P.S. I know I could get even cheaper Garmin Models and have seriously considered that route, but I settled on these 2 models for durability and weather resistance as I plan on throwing the GPS on ATV's as well.

2003 Silver K1200LT

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Mar 14th, 2011, 2:37 pm

Re: Anyone use a Zumo 220?

I have never heard of a zumo 220.....are you sure it is not a nuvi 220 ? If you are looking for inexpensive with most functions of a zumo including sd card for music, check out a nuvi 765t, it has most of the zumo funcitons except sat radio....I bought one for $135.00 refurbushed....Kieth
post #3 of 3 Old Mar 15th, 2011, 1:12 am Thread Starter

Re: Anyone use a Zumo 220?

Thanks Keith,

I'll give the 765 a look see.

Here's the Zumo 220: Zumo 220

2003 Silver K1200LT

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in