Pairing Garmin III Plus w/Cell Phone ? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old Sep 23rd, 2010, 6:25 pm Thread Starter

Pairing Garmin III Plus w/Cell Phone ?

I'm trying to pair my Bmw Navigator 3 plus with my cellular telephone. I've never used bluetooth for anything but the garmin is equipped and so is my phone. It seems to me that since my "09 LT came with the wiring and cradle for the Navigator, and I had the Voice II communications system installed, the Navigator bluetooth should pick up my cell phone and I'd be able to make/receive calls through the headset that is hardwired into the bike (with the navigator being hardwired also).

The problem I'm having is with the pairing of the two. They both "see" each other and they list each other on their respective screens. But to pair them up, the navigator says "enter 1234". I assumed that meant enter 1234 on the phone and press OK. But I immediately get "pairing failed". Is the 1234 just a generic figure and I'm supposed to use a certain code for the Navigator? Or, am I supposed to enter the 1234 into the Navigator using the number keypad?

I apologize in advance if this is a really dumb question but I don't keep up with technology like I used to....part of my aging I guess.

Any help would be appreciated. I emailed Garmin Support and am awaiting their response but my short experience with this forum has already taught me about the vast amount of knowledge here. I searched the forums but didn't find this type of question.

Jim

Blue Knights M/C
2009 K1200 LT
2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 2000 Classic LT
1989 Kawasaki Voyager 1200
1972 Honda 750
1969 Kawasaki 100
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old Sep 24th, 2010, 12:31 pm

Re: Pairing Garmin III Plus w/Cell Phone ?

Not sure about the III+ but the III, while bluetooth enabled, lacks the pass-thru for voice back to the phone. Seems it just aint in the 07's schematic. Does work to use the phone plug-in in the oddments box, tho, with the phone on auto-answer. Outgoing calls need to be dialed.

Jim Taylor
Minneapolis
07 Black LT "Dancing Heart", 03 Quantum "Ice"
02 Black LTC "Raven" (RIP 8/26/06)
08 Can-Am Spyder (hers) (#731)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in