2008 K1200lt Gps/cb? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old Jul 12th, 2010, 2:41 pm Thread Starter

2008 K1200lt Gps/cb?

Does anyone know what GPS will connect directly to the stock BMW cables and mount? It has the Autocom III system which I understand was a free factory upgrade. I've got the 2 cables sticking out near the mount and was hoping that something besides the BMW branded GPS would plug right in.

Also our friends have a Harley with CB intercoms what's the best CB addon. According to the Com system manual there is a connector and a transmit button. But I don't see the transmit button. It shows it on the left handgrip just under the turn signal button. Is this an addon that I need to get from the dealer? Is it part of a BMW CB?

Hate asking dumb questions but I've searched and it seems that most of the info is on the older bikes with different com systems.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old Jul 13th, 2010, 4:26 pm Thread Starter

Re: 2008 K1200lt Gps/cb?

OK I found the info on the PTT button. Not sure how I missed it before.

But I would still like to know the GPS info if anyone has it.
post #3 of 5 Old Jul 16th, 2010, 3:21 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosenhauer
Does anyone know what GPS will connect directly to the stock BMW cables and mount? It has the Autocom III system which I understand was a free factory upgrade. I've got the 2 cables sticking out near the mount and was hoping that something besides the BMW branded GPS would plug right in.

Also our friends have a Harley with CB intercoms what's the best CB addon. According to the Com system manual there is a connector and a transmit button. But I don't see the transmit button. It shows it on the left handgrip just under the turn signal button. Is this an addon that I need to get from the dealer? Is it part of a BMW CB?

Hate asking dumb questions but I've searched and it seems that most of the info is on the older bikes with different com systems.
I have a 2009LT with the Autocomm system and a CB radio. I too was trying to figure out which GPS to mount. I am told by my local dealer that a NAV III + is the last system that will be plug and play and that would fully integrate. I have read other posts here from guys installing the new NAV IV system and there appears to be mixed results (I think it depends on the ingenuity of the Techs at the dealerships since there appears to be some modifications made to have full functionality) One of the last posts I remember reading stated that BMW has one of their Techs working on this issue, but I don't know if that is true or not. Also getting a NAVIII+ system might be difficult because they are discontinued. Lots of info on aftermarket systems but I want my CB/Radio/GPS to all integrate into the COMM system I have so I will get a BMW branded one, just waiting to see if the NAV IV will work.
Steve

Steve B.
2009 K1200LT
2005 NRX18EB
1983 CB1000 Custom
1975 CB400 Four Super Sport
1977 CB400 Four Super Sport

post #4 of 5 Old Jul 16th, 2010, 3:42 pm Thread Starter

Is your CB the handlebar mounted one? I think since we are now looking at doing the SAT radio also I'll be going the Zumo 665 route and getting a car mount or two so we only have to pay for one subscription.
post #5 of 5 Old Jul 21st, 2010, 12:20 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosenhauer
Is your CB the handlebar mounted one? I think since we are now looking at doing the SAT radio also I'll be going the Zumo 665 route and getting a car mount or two so we only have to pay for one subscription.
Yes, it is the bmw handlebar mounted unit. I just found a NAV III on Craigslist and got it. It also came with a wired Nolan Helmet. Hope to have it hooked up and ready to use this Saturday for a trip down the Oregon Coast. I will let you know how everything works.
Steve

Steve B.
2009 K1200LT
2005 NRX18EB
1983 CB1000 Custom
1975 CB400 Four Super Sport
1977 CB400 Four Super Sport

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in